Moment of Weakness

All HP characters belong to J.K Rowling
_____________________________

"Scilla Potter! Stop moving!" A stern voice reprimanded followed by a cackle.

Scilla huffed annoyedly. She straightened her back and stay still on the spot while the oldest and youngest Black Sisters were busy doing the resigned raven head's makeup and hair.

Sirius came once to check on the three ladies before leaving the poor girl to the Black Sisters mercy, earning him a betrayed look from Scilla.

"I'm 12. Do I really have to do this?"

"Yes!" Bellatrix chirped happily.

"Honestly." Scilla sighed.

After hours of pure torture for Scilla, the two finally let the pouting girl go. Not even 5 minutes after, Draco came and dragged her to the hall where the ball will commence.

"What??" She whined.

"Our duty is to greet the guests. It's almost time for the first guest to arrive."

"Don't blame me. Blame your mother for this. I'm 12 and they dress me like I'm going to marry someone."

"Please, don't."

"Don't what?"

"Marry. I don't want to lose my sister to some prat yet." Draco stated seriously.

"Again, I'm 12. Underage. And besides, I have a feeling both Dad and Papa will cast a killing curse to the poor sod if they dare ask me out." Scilla rolled her eyes.

Just like Draco said, the guests started to trickle in a few minutes after Narcissa stood by Lucius' side. Scilla plastered a polite smile and kept a minimum talk to the guests.

The previously empty ballroom started to get crowded soon enough. Guests conversing with each other. Either gossiping or trying to make a stronger connection. After all, it is a place where the Purebloods gathered.

Scilla's eyes caught a familiar ginger heads amongst the crowds. Frowning when she saw the youngest son. She nudged Draco and subtly point their way with a nod.

"Who invited them?" She whispered.

"Mother. Believe me, Father and I have tried to stop her." Draco scowled.

Scilla glanced at Narcissa who, she knew, heard. Narcissa approached the two children and place a hand on Scilla's head.

"They're still part of the pureblood. Blood traitor, yes, but Pureblood nonetheless. I didn't expect them to come, honestly." The Black woman explain.

She truly did not expect them to come, considering their hatred for her family. Narcissa ushered the two to their friends.

Scilla caught the Weasley twins eyes and gestured for them to follow. They make their way to Neville, who stood with the Longbottom matriarch.

"Lady Longbottom. We are pleased to see you here. We hope you are enjoying the event." Scilla immediately schooled her expression to a charming smile.

"Heiress Potter-Black. I do indeed. Thank you for asking."

"Please, call me Scilla. Hello, Nev."

Augusta Longbottom looked at the green eyed girl before nodding satisfied.

"Your father?"

"Ah. Papa? I think he's sulking in the corner. Uncle Moon confiscated all of his pranking supplies after he found out his plans to sabotage the ball." Scilla pointed to one of the corner, where Sirius was indeed crossing his arms and huffing.