I'm Your Tío

"Who is it, Camilo?" Félix asked.

"I..." Camilo lowered his head quickly feeling ashamed of himself. "I can't tell you. I don't want you guys to scare them off by trying to get involved in my love life. Besides, they don't even know that I like them yet." He pushed passed his father once again trying to get into the bathroom.

"Wait, son, if you are scared of us embarrassing you then we won't." Félix tries to stop Camilo from walking away again.

Camilo glared over his shoulder as his body turned into a younger child to dodge the hand reaching for him. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" He runs into the bathroom slamming the door shut.

Félix turned in shock. "He... He used his gift."

"Does that mean he knows how to use it again or he just did it on accident?" Mirabel looks up to Abuela.

"Hmm..." Abuela thought for a moment before sighing out. "That is going to have to be an answer he can give to us later. Let's leave him be to clean up. I'm sure he has had enough of this unwanted attention from you two."

"Are you seriously suggesting that we leave our child alone?!" Pepa began her new protest. "I will not stand by and watch my son ruin his life by making choices that he can't understand. He needs us to be there for him."

Bruno grunts lightly once he was able to get off the floor from being attacked. "What are you talking about? The only thing that you are doing for him is scaring him and making us suffer from your actions and emotions. What kind of mother would do such a thing? I for one am putting my foot down and saying that neither of you is allowed to be near Camilo until he is back to normal or until he needs you involved."

Everyone stood in silence, staring at Bruno feeling the tension fill Casita as Pepa clenched her hands tightly.

"Bruno, you have five seconds to get out of my face or else." Pepa growls under her breath.

"Fine." Bruno walked straight to the bathroom and let himself in. He quickly closed the door to try and block off any more yelling that would be thrown at him. Once he knew he was safe he let out a sigh of disappointment. 'It shouldn't have to be like this. We are family and Camilo needs us to be calm, not rampaging and hurting each other.' He thought to himself.

"Bruno?" Camilo was standing next to the tub wearing just his pants.

Bruno looks for a split second before staring back at the floor. "Sorry... I know you want privacy but as long as I'm in here with you, your mother won't try to kill me."

Camilo chuckled under his breath. "That may be true, but I doubt I would get in the way. She'll try to kill you the moment she sees that I'm not close enough." He leans over to turn on the water.

Bruno gulps lightly. "H-hey now, I'm not in that much trouble, right?"

"Tío, you just told my mother, your sister, to stop interfering with my life unless I needed her. And let's face it, I'm 15, about to turn 16... I don't need her anymore."  Camilo looked over his shoulder with a smirk. "So I'm willing to bet a whole week's worth of dessert that you are going to have a fat target on your back."

"That's not funny Camilo. We are supposed to use our gifts for the greater good, not hurt each other." Bruno frowns.

"Says a whole lot about you then." Camilo rolled his eyes as he started to undo his pants. "You literally made people feel like caca after giving them your visions. The priest with his hair, the guy with his stomach, the fish... Even if it wasn't your fault, I still count that as damage."

"... Camilo?" Bruno takes a few steps forward, placing a hand gently on the boy's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Camilo looked up with a confused look on his face. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"