Live Laugh And Love Some More

"Camilo... What are you doing?!" Maria looked disgusted seeing her crush laying on top of an older man.

"Maria! It's not what it looks like!" Camilo pushed himself off of Bruno quickly.

"Oh really?! Because to me it looks like you were about to have some good quality time with this old guy." Maria hissed.

"Hey, I'm not that old." Bruno grunts lightly as he struggled to get to his feet.

Maria blinked a few times watching him stand up. "Wait.... Wait a second... Do I know you?" She asked.

Bruno brushed himself off looking a little puzzled. "I don't know, should you?"

"No, but I swear I've seen you somewhere before." Maria narrows her eyes. She gasps loudly. "I have seen you before! The mural of the Madrigal Family! YOU ARE T-."

Camilo quickly covered her mouth. "Be quiet. Yes, this is my Tío Bruno. You can't tell anyone about this."

Maria slapped his hand away. "You're disgusting! Why on earth would you want to do such dirty things with an old man? Especially when that old man is your own Tío?!"

"I'm not that old." Bruno blurts out stepping in. "Now, if you could just lower your voice."

"Lower my voice?! Are you two seriously doing these things on purpose?!" Maria takes a few steps back. "You two should be ashamed of yourselves."

"Yeah, we should...." Camilo frowns lightly. "Everything about this should be the worst thing in the world... I'm in love with Bruno more than anyone else in the world." He slowly tears up. "If you only knew half of the stuff that had just happened to us... You would understand how awful we have been feeling about this."

"Camilo... I-it's okay." Bruno tried wrapping an arm around his nephew only to be pushed away.

"No, it's not!" Camilo yells out. "You almost died because of our love... How much more are we going to suffer just to be happy?"

"I-i'm happy." Bruno stuttered. "This is the happiest I've been in a long time. Sure, my sister did just try a kill me a while ago. And I'm still trying to get comfortable with the fact that I'm being accepted back into the family." He frowns lightly lowering his head. "Even though I will always and forever be known as a bad person to everyone in Encanto for the things that have been done and said by my sister and rumors just going out of control... I will never... Ever have to be the person I was before because I have you." Tears slowly drip down Bruno's cheek. "I have you Camilo... I'm starting to understand my feelings a lot more now that we have spent a lot of time together these past few days. I'm not ashamed that I've fallen in love with you... I guess I'm just ashamed that I couldn't take the pressure of my own life and just bailed on everyone...." He looked up towards the sky with a smirk. "Sometimes I wonder how life would be if I just... Gave up years before you came along."

Camilo frowns lightly hearing this. "What do you mean by "gave up"?" He asked.

Bruno shakes his head slowly feeling regret come over him as memories started to flow back to him. "I... Wanted to end it... The pain.. the guilt.. the pressure... I just wanted it all to stop."

Maria held herself tightly. "You... Were going to kill yourself..."

Bruno chuckles softly. "I was... It wasn't easy of course. I had so much on my mind that it just... Failed because I took too long. Julieta and Agustín found me and talked me out of it." He couldn't help but chuckle again. "Of course, I didn't want to listen to them. I tried to ignore them until I heard Pepa yell out."

"Mí Mamá?" Camilo raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What was she yelling at you for?"

"Huh?" Bruno looked up quickly coming out of his depressed trance. "Yell at me?.... Oh! No, no she wasn't yelling at me. She was yelling out to everyone because she was going into labor."