>>>< 4 ><<<

>>>< New People ><<<

We sat down in our bus seats, overwhelmed by the loud bus noises. I noticed there were two new boys sitting behind our seat, a blonde with a 'smile' shirt staring at the bus graveyard and a brown haired boy trying to get him to settle.

Me and Ashlyn attempted to observe without being noticed, but mistakes were made and eye contact was also made.

We both sat down silently, and I was met with the blonde's face up close in mine. "Hi!"

"Holy F-" I stopped myself, leaning back away from the newcomer.

He started asking Ashlyn about the school bus graveyard. 

"Is that your house? What's with the whole 'Bus Graveyard' thing?"

I butted in with a lie to try and scare the kid off. "It's all the school buses that got sent there because people died in them." He just smiled more, about to speak again.

Ashlyn gave me an annoyed look. "No, it's just a junkyard with old buses." He looked slightly saddened by the truth. "Yeah? That's it? Well, that's disappointing. I was hoping for some kind of lore or paranormal jazz." I quietly agreed, but it seems he heard me anyway, giving me a soft smile, and sagging in his seat. It would have been cool if the buses were really haunted.

That kind of stuff had always interested me.

Ashlyn went to reach for her phone when he started the conversation up again. "Anyway, I'm Aiden! And that's my cousin Ben. We just moved here a week or so ago from Virginia. Can't remember what town it was though. Oh hey, we live just a few houses down from you! Since we live so close, we should all hang out often."

I decided to try letting some of my personality through my quiet shell. This boy, Aiden, seemed a lot like me, in a way.

"I'm Y/n. Feel free to come over whenever, time doesn't matter, as long as you're quiet." I locked eyes with the boy, smiling, and I was met with a smile back. Ashlyn spoke.

"Sorry, nothing personal but, I'm a bit tired and not in much of a conversation mood."

Aiden sat there for a moment before smirking. "...It's fine, I get it. You're just shy, right? It's alright, I'm good at talking, so I'll be fine."

Me and Aiden talked a bit for the rest of the ride, Ben and Ashlyn stayed quiet. When we arrived at the school, we and Aiden were still chatting minimally about the town and the people who live here.

We walked inside and Aiden looked around in wonder. "Woah, this is a small school."

We were still walking when Ben tugged Aiden back an pointed to the office. "Oh, right. We gotta pick our schedules- up?"

Ashlyn had bolted away with the small distraction, and I watched curiously as Aiden chuckled maniacally. He turned to me. "She's fast."

I chuckled, nodding my head. "She's not one for people. I'm gonna head to class, I'll see you guys later?" Aiden smiled, happy to have a friend who was willing to be his friend. "Yeah, bye Y/n." I waved and headed over to where Ashlyn was, heading to class.

It seemed like Aiden and I were going to get along well.

Wow, a friend.

word count: 533