>>>< 45 ><<<

A/n: Real quick wow y'all. 718 comments, 685 votes, 50 chapters, 607 engaged readers, 25,726 reads, and 2 hours 11 minutes of reading time. I remember starting this book as a joke, thank you all so much! <3

>>>< THE TWINS ><<<

I made my way back to the graveyard, finding my spot next to Aiden. Everyone was sitting around as chatting, Mike starting up the grill, everything was chill. He grasped my hand in his and leant his head on mine. His parents shot him a 'We're talking about this later' look, but said nothing.

Ashlyn arrived with the Twins and what I could only assume was their mother. I listened in on their conversation as Mike introduced himself.

"I'm glad you make it! I'm Mike, Ashlyn's dad, and a step-in father for Y/n."
"Yes, me too. I'm Mariana. Thank you for inviting us. It's a shame my husband couldn't make it, unfortunately he's at work right now, haha. Or... at least I thought he was...? But he should've been home a few hours ago... huh, that's weird... why didn't he come?"

The twins seemed on edge, and Taylor quickly took the spotlight of the strange situation. "M-mom! Look, a bunny!" There was, in fact, a small, white rabbit in the graveyard. There was an awkward silence, before their mother spoke again. "It's cute."

Cute little Lily had noticed too. "..I want to pet it." Aiden smiled. "Want me to catch it for you?"
"You can catch it?"
"Of course I can! Just watch. It's no match for me!"

It was amusing watching Aiden chase after the poor petrified rabbit, until Ashlyn stepped in, and they got it as a group effort. Lily was happy to pet it, and Taylor and Logan began to talk.

"It there anything you want to do, Lily?"
"How about red light green light?"
"Can we play hide and seek?"

We played for a few hours, before getting tired. Late into the night, and we were all a bit away, nothing to do. The twins were on a stack of tires, Ashlyn was sitting on her phone, Lily sat in Ben's lap as him and Logan played cards, and I laid next to Aiden on an old car, resting my head on his chest while he scrolled through his phone.

Tyler was getting annoyed. "Do they not realize how late it is? It's almost midnight."
"Alright, let's go." She paused. "Hey, dad, we're going to the bus real quick to grab something. We'll be back in a minute."
"Alright."

Ben passed little Lily off to her mother, as we headed away.

I yawned softly, mentally acknowledging the late time.

word count: 425