>>>< 33 ><<<

A/N: You guys have no idea how badly I wanted to just publish a blank chapter and get y'all excited just for a prank. Alas, I had a few minutes so I wrote a speedy chapter. Also, y'all really liked how I wrote the first kiss apparently lol, so many comments. Enjoy this random spark of inspiration cuz you probably won't get another chapter anytime soon, I've been busy on my ao3 and other accounts lol.

>>>< Sweatdrop ><<<

We were booking it across the open land, running with our lives depending on it.

"Ashlyn..."
"It's okay, it'll work. Just keep running."

We made it to the Jeep, phantoms approaching rapidly. Everyone else faced the car, but I turned around, pole ready if it took too long. Idle chit-chat took place behind me.

"It worked! We're not gonna die!"
"Told you... It's locked?!" Seething, I turned around, grumbling.
"You spoke too soon, Taylor."
"I thought you said you made sure it was unlocked with the keys inside?!"
"I did! One of my parents must have grabbed it or something!"

Logan looked confused, sitting atop the roof, until Ashlyn told him the situation using her walkie. He seemed to relax a little, and I followed the group heading inside.

A pop was heard and Aiden fell to the floor. Well, gracefully. Ashlyn nearly fell into him, but caught herself.

"Whoa! What are you- your ankle." I pushed past her. "Aiden you idiot." I helped him stand up while she questioned him. "You sprung it after you jumped, didn't you, 'Mr. Durable?! You ran all the way here with it like that?? You should've just-"

"Ashlyn! What's done is done, he's hurt, we need the keys! That is our priority right now!" She looked at me for a moment before abruptly being pulled backward, and then up. A phantom, of course.

Aiden tried to stop it, but I held him back. Her head hit the roof as she was pulled all the way up. "Ashlyn!" "Aiden, I know, I understand, but you aren't able to get up there right now, and you're injured. We'll try a different way." He sighed, leaning into me for support.

Ashlyn had been taken.

word count: 351