>>>< 41 ><<<

>>>< Arcade Games ><<<

"I think this is enough for all of us to split and get decent prizes." Taylor spoke happily as the group of us stood in front of the giant pile of tickets. I snatched a quick photo of Aiden half buried, before talking a group selfie with all seven of us.

Ashlyn smiled a bit, speaking triumphantly. "I'm getting all of Aiden's share though since I won DDR." "All of it?!" I laughed before I noticed Logan nervously staring towards the door. It was the kid who I punched after he bullied Logan.

Tyler had noticed as well, speaking up, "Well that's annoying. What is he doing here?" "Who?"
"Oh... it's Barron."
"I doubt he'll do anything, the coward hasn't messed with Logan since he's too scared of me 'tattling' to the coach."

I stood up, smirking. "If he does try anything, I'll just punch him again."
Aiden shot me a glance, trying to hide his own smirk as he covered Ben's face.

"...But still... it's kinda awkward, isn't it? We've been here for a while anyway, maybe we should just get our prizes and spend the rest of the day at Ashlyn's?"

Logan was quiet for a moment. "...No. ..I don't think the guy with the blue hat is part of their friend group. I've seen him with Barron at school a few times and I wasn't certain at first but... Barron just replaced me with him. Right now I'm pretty sure that guy is doing Barron's work while he hangs out with his buddies. ...that's what happened when he invited me somewhere. That's what he does, he manipulates you into being his friend and 'helping' him with his work and then when that stops working... he starts threatening you physically."

I hadn't noticed how my hands had clenched into fists until I felt Aiden grab one, whispering for me to calm down. Tyler was the next one to speak.

"I'm not sure what your plan is, but you're wanting to help that guy, right?"
"I want to at least warn him..."
"Well, go do what you gotta do."

Aiden's grip on my wrist tightened when I went to step forward, and he shook his head no at me. This was for Logan to do and take care of. "We'll be here to help you if you need it."

We watched Logan walk out the door, and waited silently for his return. I'm kidding, of course not. The six of us were just on the other side eavesdropping and as backup.

Logan was face to face with his ex-bully. "Haha, wow! That caught me off guard- I never would've expected to see you here, four eyes. And without your little friend who attacked me last time out of nowhere? It's been a while, pal, how've ya been?"

The underlying message of power trying to get Logan to step down was definitely there, and the look on Logan's face showed us he finally understood. This was nothing compared to phantoms.

word count: 486