>>>< 26 ><<<

>>>< Dangerous Lustful Thoughts ><<<

I had finally gotten out of that stuffy room, making my way to the lunch table.

When I arrived, they were all looking at Ashlyn's shadow.

"Am I seeing this right?" Tyler asked as we all viewed how her hair looked cut in her shadow, whilst her braids hanged.

Ashlyn nearly killed Aiden when he touched her braids, glaring at him with a threat.
"Woah, that's pretty rad-"
"Let go before I break your arm."
"Ha... another mystery..."

Logan looked deep in thought.
"This might have something to do with why injuries from the phantom dimension don't transfer over to our dimension."
"Speaking of injuries, how are you holding up?"
"Oh, um... it kinda feels like I have a rash and it's pretty sore. Like I've been doing sit-ups or something. But it's nowhere near as painful as it was last night."

Ashlyn gave me a small look of annoyance, probably at my outburst earlier, before turning to the Clarks.
"And what about you guys? What happened?"

Aiden looked nervous for once.
"Ah- right. That. Ya sure you want me to tell 'em?" Aiden turned to Ben, asking him.

Ben pulled out his phone and typed up, with a audio.
"It's best to have these types of things out in the open if we're going to be a team."

I sat next to Aiden, reaching behind him to give Ben a small pat on the back with a smile.

" 'These types of things?' " Taylor asked, impatient, interrupting Ben's audio. "But I'm putting my earbuds in until Aiden's done."

And with that, Ben left the conversation, and all eyes were on Aiden.

"Ight, well. That's that then. He is right though, it's probably best to let you guys know before you accidentally set him off or somethin."
"Set him off?"
"Yup. But... this conversation doesn't go outside this group. Understood?"

After a moment, there was agreement from everybody at the table.

"I don't think any of you have realized this yet, but Ben has anger issues. Like- extreme haha. Much worse than the half-wit over there. And... the reason also has to do with why he doesn't speak. Ben was in sixth grade when the incident happened. Or was it seventh? Anyway- he's always been a big guy for his age, and his size tended to intimidate people. Despite his appearance though, Ben was pretty timid. And more than anything, he loved singing. It was everything to him. However, because his appearance didn't match his personality, he started to get bullied for it. It didn't start out as bullying. The group of idiots offered to 'fix' him first. Offering for him to join their group and they would teach him how to fight. Once Ben refused though, that's when it started. They started to beat him nearly every day."

I was so intent with the story, I barely noticed my fists clench under the table. Apparently Aiden did though, because I felt his warm hand around mine, calming. I uncurled my fist, interlocking it with his hand instead. If I hadn't been so intrigued with Ben's story, I probably would've become bright red.

"Afterwards the leader, Shane, would ask Ben to join his group, and every time, Ben told him no. Then one day, Shane decided to take things to a drastic level."

A/n Almost 5K?!!? OMG you guys! Thank you so much! <3

word count: 540