>>>< 54 ><<<

Three chapters in one week? I'm spoiling you guys. 

>>>< Flatline ><<<

Logan stepped up to Taylor, slightly concerned as he spoke softly, "...Tay, take a breath, we need to-" He was quickly cut off as a bloodcurdling scream was heard from deeper inside the hospital, and everyone turned in that direction, startled. Taylor's face paled, her brother's name on her lips as she lurched towards the back.

The lights flickered abruptly, and I quickly grasped Aiden's hand in mine, suddenly a bit nervous. The only lighting came from the red sky as I turned to look at the window, backing up into Aiden's arms, as I was met face to face with a swarm of phantoms. His hands wrapped around my waist as he pulled me into him, pulling both of us a few steps away from the window as his smile faltered momentarily.

There was so many phantoms, one side of the window to the other, all smiling at us. If Aiden's comforting arms hadn't been around me in that moment, I'm sure I would've freaked out a whole lot more. However, his chest against my back was grounding, my hands resting over his as he protectively held me close. 

I'm protective myself, and he knew that. The first time he kissed me, he made that clear. Even so, it was nice to feel protective and safe for once.

Meanwhile all the adults were panicking, some lost for words, others suddenly horrified. It only lasted a few seconds, although with how concerning this sudden leak into the phantom dimension was, it felt like it was a lot longer. Hopefully this sudden shared experience would make the argument we were previously having a lot easier. Within a blink, everything was back to normal and the lights flicked back on. 

"A-Aiden come here, we're leaving." Aiden and I quickly stepped apart as his mother spoke his name, but my immediate attention was snatched by having to grab a hold of Taylor to keep her from running past me into the deeper hospital rooms. She fought hard, bashing one of her elbows into my rib hard enough to leave a bruise in the process. Logan helped me restrain her arms to keep her from causing any further damage, and yet with both of us, it was still a struggle to hold her down.

We watched several doctors that had been at the front rush back as they started coordinating, and another yell could be heard, unintelligible this time.

Aiden stepped in front of her to get her attention, speaking lowly, "Taylor, Taylor stop. We can't go back there right now. You need to let the doctors handle it. If we go back there, we're gonna get kicked out." Still she fought, managing to free one of her arms from my grasp just long enough to try and grab a nearby chair before I restrained her again, still yelling at me to let her go.

"He needs me!" she yelled, tears running down her face still as we restrained her, screaming his name louder than I've ever heard her yell. More yelling could be heard from the back, what even sounded like it could be fighting. Since his words had been unhelpful, Aiden helped Logan and I in restraining her, narrowly avoiding the back of her head slamming into his teeth.

More commotion could be heard, until we realized what had happened.

word count: 562