>>>< 7 ><<<

>>>< Visitors and their Wicked Plans ><<<

The group of Clarks was talking to Ashlyn's parents about the town, Ashlyn was hiding in the bathroom, and Aiden and I were locked in a staring contest. No reason, just because the adults were talking and why not?

When Ashlyn finally came out, Aiden looked away and lost the battle, giving her a small smirk.

I zoned into the conversation again to hear one of the men speak. "Aiden told us Ben, him, Y/n, and your daughter have been fast friends and so we wanted to come introduce ourselves-" Ashlyn's parents started coughing, and the man made sure they were okay before continuing. "I was just saying that we're happy to see Aiden and Benny fitting in. We move around a lot so Aiden's always been homeschooled and even for Ben, it's been a while since he's gone to public school."

So that's why he seemed desperate for friends. 

Ashlyn's father smiled. "Oh that's exciting, are you guys having fun?" Aiden smiled devilishly towards Ashlyn before smiling normally and answering.

"Yep! Especially with the field trip. I'd thought it'd be fun for Ashlyn to come along too. Y/n, Ben and I are going, as well as the rest of the group, so she wouldn't be alone." We locked eyes and I decided to speak up too.

Ashlyn glared at me. "It looks so fun! Ashlyn, you should totally go."

Her parents looked at her. She looked ready to die.
"What field trip?" The adult Clark spoke next.
"Oh, you don't know? The kids have this group history project about Savannah."
"Oh right, Ash was talking about that earlier."
"Their teacher also planned a field trip to Savannah for the project. It'll be an overnight trip, though."

They all talked some more for a bit and Aiden gave Ashlyn one of the permission slips before they left. He gave me a smile, mouthing, 'I think it worked' before they all left. He then said goodbye to her parents and waved.

We all went back inside, flopped on the couch, and were tired from the interaction. Me and Ashlyn headed to our rooms, me opting to stay the night, I had a clean set of clothes.

I tried not to eavesdrop as her parents tried to convince her to go on the field trip. I smiled sadly to myself a bit. I never really got that.

I felt a buzz from my phone and looked at it. 

1 New Notification

Aiden
Good night best friend 

I smiled a bit and answered

Y/n
Goodnight to you too, see ya tmr
We'll get Ashlyn to agree eventually lol

I closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next week went by in a blur. Me and Aiden would constantly bother Ashlyn about the field trip, even coming up with some inside jokes, and every night I would get a 'good night best friend' text or something close to it.

By the time we went on the field trip, both me and Aiden were surprised we had convinced her. Our whole group was, indeed, there, and the twins were currently arguing, and Logan was on a call.

Everyone started filing into the bus, and our trip to Savannah started up.

word count: 511