>>>< 43 ><<<

>>>< Logan's Gone Nuts ><<<

Ashlyn looked to us as more guys came out of the building. "Okay, it's time to step in-"

I shot Ben a look and we both ran around the corner, the others shouting at us. Ben shoved the guy who had Logan in a chokehold, and I punched the other guy in the jaw.

Everything was chaos as everyone started to fight. I was preoccupied with the one kid almost twice my size, dodging punches and trying to knock him down. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the smiling blond smash someone's face into his knee.

All in all, we were winning. I was in the middle of smashing one guy's face to a pulp when Ashlyn yelled. "CALM DOWN!!!"

The other group quickly left as we all stood there. I inspected my bloody knuckles, noticing at least one finger that was entirely broken. As the adrenaline wore down, I gritted my teeth as I set it, noticing a throb from a bruise in my side where I had moved out of the way too slowly.

"Just... what was that? ...I'm not usually that... violent." Taylor was concerned, of course. I wasn't, the excitement coursing through my veins was fun, and my fist itched to punch someone again. Okay, maybe I could see the slightest of problems with whatever that was.

"...Yeah well, they attacked us first. Maybe we did go overboard-" I interrupted Tyler "I broke that guys nose for life!" He shot me a glare, still talking over me. "-But at the very least they deserved it."

Ashlyn spoke from the ground, as I just noticed. Her headphones were across the ground. "...I don't think that's the problem. Taylor's right, this could be... bad."
"What are you talking about?"
"..you guys... were making the same sounds that the phantoms do."

My breath hitched in my throat at the sudden realization. Ashlyn, her hearing, the violence.

Something was wrong.

word count: 314