Nineteen.

⚠️!*TW*! Homophobia⚠️

I took a few deep breath's as I rolled out of bed the next morning. All I needed was positive thoughts. Think positive.

I took a shower and did my usual morning routine. I picked out my final decision on an outfit. An oversized sweater a white skirt and some white converse I had bought the other day. I looked at myself In the mirror nodding to myself in approval.

I headed out the door Niall waiting for me in his car. I threw my bag in before climbing in myself. While Niall was occupied bent in a weird way looking for something in the backseat. He turned around still in auto pilot mode not noticing me. "Good morning H, we good we ready to go." He says before finally looking at me giving his usual thumbs up he scanned me up and down before finally realizing gasping dramatically.

"Your really gonna actually do it??!" He said excitedly. I nodded gently. He let out a noise that sounds like a squeak and a scream. "Yay!" He said happily practically bouncing in his seat.

"Don't jinx it though 'cause I'm still scared shitless on the inside." I say nervously truly meaning my words.

"No, no it's okay?, If anything does happen I'll be there ok.?" Niall says before finally backing out the drive way. I nod with a smile knowing that he has my back giving me the confidence boost I desperately needed. For what I'm about to do I'm gonna need all the courage I can possibly get. I inhaled shakily as we started down the roads towards the school.

-

I walked through the school doors staying close to Niall feeling incredibly exsposed and nervous. No one seemed to take notice at first which was reasonable since most of the skirt was covered by my long sweater, but it was quite obvious I wasn't wearing pants or shorts that quickly changed. Soon enough the weird looks and staring started. I gulped and kept my head down Niall guiding me to my locker.

I felt my eyes get slightly watery as I felt many eyes on me. "Harry you okay?" I heard Louis voice instantly soothing me. I look up. He smiled and hugged me. "I don't know if I can do it louis." I whispered leaning into his embrace.

"Shh yes you can I know you can, you know how brave you are for even stepping in here with it on?" He says with a small smile trying to brighten my mood a little.

"You got this I'm right here for you just remember ok." He says looking int my eyes. I nod his lovely words making my doubts slowly disappear.

Soon class started and my clinging to Louis and Niall came to an end as we had to part ways. I sat in my desk and everyone acted as they usually did not taking notice in my change in things which I was incredibly thankful for.

It was almost if it was just continuation of my normal routine the first three classes going by without issue. I sat down, now just waiting for lunch to start at this point. Letting out a squeak as someone purposefully shoved my desk. I turned and lightly shook my head.

But besides that small encounter they decided spared me for the rest of the class period. The bells rang and finally came lunch we went to our usual spot and I sat on the grass with my head on Louis' shoulder.

"No one's dared to do anything but stare at you right?, because if they do anything else whoo." Niall said sternly. "No but someone did shove my desk but that's nothing I think I'll be fine." I say waving his offer off.

"I envy your confidence Harry, it's inspiring." Zayn says nodding at his own words.

"Why thank you zee, your compliments is greatly appreciated and needed. I feel so vulnerable." I say holding myself securely.

"We'll at least nothing has happened." Liam says everyone nodded in agreement.

-

"I'll have you know that this is all for you lou." I say with a playful smile. Now walking with Louis who yet again stayed with me after lunch instead of going to class.

"For me? No Harry you shouldn't have." He says playfully. "Im serious lou it's for you...I hope you like it." I say stoping in my path Louis doing the same.

"Harry I don't like it I love it I love all of it I lo-..everything you do is just amazing. He says smiling widely.

I let out an awkward laugh as I caught the words he was almost going to say but decided not to address the topic just yet. Totally not knowing what to even say just yet. But I think I love him too.

-

I got ready for gym which was going to be to most terrifying part of the day I considered just ditching but decided I need to get over my fear.

The usual happened just a few extra dirty looks and hateful words under their breath. The class walked to the track getting ready to head out for the final classes. I stayed back for a second getting my things in place.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and followed the others. I gasped as I felt my backpack get pulled back bringing me along with it.

"I always knew you were a little fag." Someone said behind me. My heart sank as what I feared the most was about to take place.

I just closed my eyes and hoped that was all they would do. I was wrong unfortunately. I yelped as one of the boys yanked on my hair. There were three. Even though I was slightly taller I had never felt so small and helpless.

"Please go away." I said trying so hard not to cry.

"Is that really all you can do you little bitch 'please go away' what a whimp." One said mocking my words.

They pushed me around shoving me onto the pavement. I landed on my knees trying to keep some dignity attempting to stand up again which was quickly ruined as they kicked me making me fall over. I gave up the tears beginning to pour out of my eyes curling into a ball. All I could think was Louis.Louis.Louis.please.

~
(POV change)

I went to the locker room getting my gym clothes to take home wondering where Harry went not having texted me since lunch. "Lou." I heard someone whimper. I instantly knew it was Harry.

I ran to the sound finding him crying and sitting on the bench. His legs covered with scrapes his skirt now slightly weathered.

"Harry you okay what happened?" I say deeply concerned for him. "I fell in gym it's fine I just feel really shitty is all." He said trying to lie, wiping his cheeks.

"No it's not what happened? Your knees are bleeding." I say scared for him.

He didn't say anything just starting sobbing again. "I'm taking you home okay?"

-