Twenty-one.

Quick A/N ahheh what a weird chapter that last one was hope the smut was well wink wink ;) only a few chapters left before this fic comes to an end?! buuut don't worry I've got more ideas planned for future fics so stick around and enjoy:))
...

I don't know how I managed to drag myself back into school that Monday but I did and it was going surprisingly well seeing as I made it to lunch unscathed. I still feared the rest of the day, louis and Niall staying close to me. I still felt sorta helpless.
Like a little toddler who can't defend themselves making me feel weak and vulnerable, I tried not to pay to much mind to it though being extra quiet and clingy to Louis side today.

I distracted myself a little giggling at a memory. "Did you know my sister saw us yes all cuddled up underneath the sheets together?" I say at Louis.
He sniffed out a laugh. "Glad she didn't walk in on worse she could of walked in last night and that would be a WHOLE other situation." He said eyes wide. "I thought the same thing." He nudged my shoulder us both knowing exactly what the other was referring to. "Cheeky chappie." I say shaking my head with a smirk. We walked for a bit more laughing and happy in delight of each other's presence.

"Harry I love your company, but I've got to get to class, and you do to. Niall will be there okay?" Louis said lightly giving me a quick squeeze before disappearing into one of the halls.

I chewed my lip in anticipation awaiting those three words to come out of his mouth noticing how he's been edging them lately, like he's longing to say them. That lit spark of excitement in me beginning to feel ready egear to say them back. Because it was quite obvious now. It's him.

I turned to Niall pouting slightly. "Aw c'mon I know you don't hate my company that much do ya?" Niall said jokingly his Irish accent heavy. I smiled and followed him to class.

The rest of the day was quite uneventful the stares still evident but if looks could kill Niall would have  gotten quite a few everytime someone made the decision to give me an ugly look Niall was right there staring back at them till they looked away. I shook my head with a small smile at my protective friend.

"Ugh I really wish you'd tell me who they were because I'd beat the shit out of them for hurting you." He paused and took a breath. "The world is to cruel for such an amazing person." He said solemnly meaning his words.

"Thank you, but the stares you're giving to everyone who stares at me are quite enough Ni I'll be fine don't worry. Ok?" I say trying to reassure him.

He smiled lightly and nodded sitting back in his chair. I was so thankful to have such caring loyal friends by my side knowing my emotions would be everywhere without Niall and Louis and basically everyone of my friends here to make me laugh.

I zoned out for the remainder of the lesson. I didn't feel at best kinda scared of everyone. like every laugh and whisper was about me. I know it wasn't and that's just the paranoia talking but I'll get over it all soon..I hope.

I gasped slightly and looked up as I realized a new problem just surfaced. I have to deal with gym class. I mentally face palmed, my progress taking two steps back from recovery. I had nobody to hang around for leverage in that class. I bounced my leg in anticipation. Quickly deciding to ditch that class for today.

Today?. I had to think of a long term plan "today", Was only a temporary fix to my problem. I do not dare to step foot back into that class with them ever again. Maybe I can change class courses with second semester starting and all.

I really hoped that would work,  I didn't ever want to cross pathes with them again not knowing how I would react much less them. I'm puzzled by the fact that they didn't know me and still did what they did, how can people be so damn cruel? It made me incredibly sad to know that that's how the world treats you when people express their true selves how are we supposed to hide behind someone fake our whole lives that's not fair?.

If that happened just that one time I can't imagine what would happened if I had the courage to do that on the daily I'd probably be in more danger than I already am.

"Hey?, you okay?" Tyler asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

I nodded and released a breath I didn't know I was holding. I just need a distraction,for now.

~

I texted Louis to meet me in the hallway perfectly timing the fact he had a free period for his last class and I was currently in the midst of ditching it. Slowly walking down the empty halls tracing the lines in the brick walls. "Hey Haz." Louis said coming around from behind me.

I hummed in response ready for the day to be over. Only to come back to the same challenges tomorrow. "Stop thinking about it, it'll only make your dwelling worse."

"I'm not dwelling, I am just..I don't know?" I say.

"Your stuck between feeling bad for yourself and feeling good not allowing yourself to see the good just 'dwelling' on the bad. Sound about right?" Louis said.

I nod. "I don't want to get into it, just be here for me, please?" I say

Louis nodded and smiled. We ended the day sitting outside the flurries starting to rain down. Just a few more days till break. My smile a little brighter as I realized Louis' birthday was coming up. A perfect distraction. What would be the perfect gift? It needs to be perfect.

"Whatca thinking about angel?" Louis said snuggled into my side.

"You." I say smiling at him.

                                ✨🌸✨