9

As he caressed her hand, she held her breath. She could feel her hands trembling in his.

"I've told you to relax," he said, his eyes fixed on the road.

"I am relaxed," she replied.

"You're not. I can feel your hand shaking. Relax. I won't hurt you. Never without reason."

He squeezed her hand gently in his palm. It felt warm and pleasing. It helped her let go of some jitters.

"That's it. Relax." He encouraged. Then he raised her hand to his lips and kissed it before releasing her.

She immediately covered it with her right hand again.

"Is there something on your mind that you will like to share?"

"No."

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

"No."

"Okay. Perhaps, it's something you need to confess?"

She have him a furtive glance, wondering if he already knew and was just acting like he didn't. She didn't believe he knew. With his temper, he wouldn't be sounding this cool if that was the case.

"Nothing." She said.

"Hmm. Okay."

She held onto her stand. It would be bad to draw attention to something he didn't know and get herself in trouble, just because she was afraid.

He didn't talk to her again and

It didn't take long before he pulled up at the Mall. Then he took her to a clothing store and picked out a few dresses, skirts, T-shirts in red and blue, a couple of dress shoes in cream and black, two slip-ons, one Esmeralda wedge, a couple of flat sandals, and two ballet flats.

He also picked out some lingerie and pajamas, saying it just occurred to him to add those.

She tried the shoes and clothes on and he sat there in the fitting room, approving and disapproving with a nod or shake of his head if the item didn't turn out as he had hoped.

She was about to try on the pajamas in the changing room when her phone rang with Hilda's call. She texted the name of the mall to Hilda and waited anxiously.

On purpose, she delayed wearing the PJs until Hilda texted her that she was inside.

She quickly put on the PJs which fitted her perfectly. It felt good having to own all those pretty clothes and shoes just like that. But the fact that she was getting it for the price of being Donovan's girl, didn't make her leap for joy.

She met Hilda in the common room. They pretended their meeting was a coincidence.

Donovan observed them from his position on the long couch where he was transferring cash to his pleasure account.

As the girls hugged, he focused on his task. He knew the girl was Boma's roommate. He had done his digging well. It was a bit weird that they just chatted and then she was suddenly there. But he didn't dwell on it.

Maybe during their chat, they had discovered they were near each other and decided to meet and greet. He had no problem with that.

Hilda slid the ring into Boma's hand. Boma thanked her and she left. Then Boma slipped the ring onto her finger and drew closer to Donovan for his perusal of the PJs.

Donovan was done with his task and admired the pink sleek satin on her. He nodded and she returned to the changing room.

They rounded up the shopping and prepared to leave the boutique. His guys drew forward and carted the new items to keep in the car.