14

He left her in the room and she lay tensed up on the bed, expecting his return. As time went forward with no sign of his return she managed to fall asleep.

She woke up in the morning to his hand caressing her face.

"Good morning, sleepy head." He greeted, sounding good-natured.

"Good morning." She responded, not returning the favor. She knew she sounded begrudging.

He didn't seem to mind as he kissed her forehead.

"Get up. You need to prepare for breakfast."

"I need to go home."

"Home or hostel?" He asked.

"Hostel."

"Good. Your hostel is not your home."

"I know, but that's my home here."

"Don't we all feel that way?"

"So it's not a problem if I call it home, right? Since you agree with me?"

"No, it's not. But I got what I wanted. You fell into conversation mode."

Her brows furrowed at his jibe and he smirked at her and she took the moment to observe he was wearing a night robe over his PJs because of the cold.

"I want to go home." She declared and gasped as he pulled her up roughly to a sitting position and just stared at her coldly. "Say that again." He challenged.

She stayed silent, her breathing going erratic as her chest heaved with tension.

"I said, say that again. Cat got your tongue?"

She slightly shook her head, knowing it was wiser not to honor his challenge.

"Good." He praised. "I know you're smart. Now, get into the bathroom and freshen up. After that, you're making breakfast for this household."

Her eyes widened with unbelief at the mention of her making breakfast.

He noticed that she was appalled by the idea of cooking for him. Well, too bad.

"What?" He demanded.

"I don't want to make-cook-I don't want-" she stuttered.

"Don't even conclude that statement or you're going to cry as soon as you're done."

She clamped her mouth shut.

"You're making breakfast. Period. There are four people in this house. Me, my best guys, you know them already, and my side chick. If you like, cook for just the four of us and exclude yourself. That's your business. But you're not leaving this house without food in your stomach."

He rose up to his feet. "Get off the bed and get moving. Now!"

She hurried off the bed and slipped her legs into a pair of fluffy slippers she found at the foot of the bed.

"What am I going to make?"

"There's a food timetable in the kitchen on the wall. Find today's date and cook accordingly. Follow me and I will show you where the kitchen is."

She paused, hesitating. She hated the idea of cooking for them, especially for his side chick.

"What is it?" He demanded.

"Nothing she answered." She didn't have the courage to speak her mind.

"Then move." He said dismissively as he headed towards the door.

She followed him out to the corridor and he led her to the end of it where the kitchen stood. It was spacious and neat with all the basic facilities present.

The thought of cooking for his side chick was still a disturbing thought on her mind.

Donovan led her to a food timetable on the wall.

"We need this because I don't like confusion as most times I cannot decide on the spot what I need to eat. And since a balanced diet is important for good health, this food timetable is tailored to achieve that. As you can see, today's morning food is omelet, bread and tea. Very simple. Everything you need is here. Check the freezer over there for the fresh things you need and feel free to look around the kitchen for all you need. Make it snappy. And don't make crappy food. I don't want to get angry. Any problem with that?"

She shook her head.

"Good. Go and freshen up. All the things I got you are in the closet. I repeat, make it snappy. I get angry when I'm hungry. You know what they say. A hungry man is an angry man." He took her hand and started leading her back to the room.

As they walked, a snotty-faced girl emerged from one of the rooms in a sexy night dress.

Donovan left her hand and approached the girl, hugging her.

Boma paused and stared at them.

"How was your night?" He asked her gently.

"Fine. I'm hungry."

"Breakfast will soon be ready."

"Who is making it? Her?" She pointed at Boma.

"Yes."

"What are we having?" She asked Donovan.

"Irish potato and eggs."

She turned on Boma.

"Minimize the pepper and salt when making the eggs. I don't like too much spicy egg, alright?"

Boma didn't respond.

"I'm talking to you."

Donovan narrowed his eyes at Boma, giving her a threatening look.

"Okay." She responded to the girl.

Donovan kissed the girl on her cheek. "Don't worry. Breakfast will be perfect."

She giggled. Then the giggles stopped as she noticed the ring on Boma's hand.

"What is that?" She demanded of Donovan. "You made her your queen?"

He folded his arms across his chest.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I like her."

"But you said I would be the one to wear it."

"I said, maybe."

"Oh, my God!" The girl cried out with disappointment. "This is not fair. Our fraternities are supposed to have stronger ties with our union."

Without hesitation, she flew towards Boma and grabbed her, beginning to assault her with her fists in her rage.

The move was swift and unexpected, so Boma was caught off balance and started trying to block the blows with her hands.

"Leave me alone." She whined at the hysteric girl who continued to attack her in a violent rage.