30

Boma watched nervously as Donovan took purposeful steps toward his phone. She knew that if he got hold of the phone and noticed what had happened, she would be in serious trouble.

She clutched at her stomach and doubled over, feeling like she was about to puke. Her fear had forced the action out of her.

Donovan was immediately before her showing concern as he placed one gentle palm on her back.

"Oh my baby, what's wrong?" He gently rubbed his palm across her back. "Are you okay? Come with me to the bathroom."

Boma allowed him to lead her into the bathroom where he took her to the sink." It's okay if you want to puke over here, okay?"

He bent her over the sink and continued gently running her back. "You should have told me you weren't feeling well. We could have gone to the sick bay before hitting the road."

" I was... I was okay. " Boma managed to respond. She could feel the strong urge to vomit losing its strength.

"I understand," he replied. "How are you feeling now? is the urge gone?"

"Yes," she responded. "Almost. I think I will be fine."

"Great. Stay here let me get you some salt to kill the urge. It helps."

"Okay."

He left her alone and she sighed with relief, knowing that touching his phone would probably be the last thing on his mind at the moment.

She tiptoed to the door, monitoring his movements to ensure he was out of the bedroom. Once she was sure that he was out, she hurried over to his phone and deleted the history of her call with his cousin. Then she put the phone in sleep mode by killing the screen light.

Then she hastened back to the bathroom and heard his footsteps just as she was reaching the sink.

Having taken care of her problem she faced him with more confidence as he reappeared, holding a salt can in his hand.

"Seems you're feeling better," he observed.

"Yes," she confirmed. "I started feeling better a few seconds ago."

"Great," he said, putting his arms around her. "It must be the exhaustion or you're reacting to the new environment. don't worry, you will be fine, okay?"

she nodded and he took her hand, leading her back into the bedroom.

"I've asked Sharon to make some spaghetti for everyone. She's already in the kitchen."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Good girl. I will go make some important calls. You should freshen up and rest so I will do the same when I get back, okay?"

"Okay."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead, grabbed his phone, and exited the room with the salt in his hand.

Once again she exhaled a breath of relief at how lucky she had been. That had been a close call.

Boma accessed her bag for her clothes and went into the bathroom to bathe and freshen up. She was in a hurry as she was not yet comfortable around Donovan. She didn't want him to return and find her still trying to change.

She wanted him to meet her already dressed. By the time she was back in the bedroom wearing a simple gown, Donovan had not returned.

She waited in the room, using the silence to think about her parents, how she was just a small distance from them and they didn't even know she was in town. The thought sent guilt flooding her body but she felt powerless to do anything about it. She was now with a guy who dictated her life and her fear of him vanquished any thought of rebellion.