15

"Shut the hell up!" The girl shouted, dragging Boma's hair.

"Abigail, stop that!" Donovan cautioned the girl but she kept on dragging Boma's hair.

Boma cried out in pain as she struggled, her eyes shut tightly because of the pain.

Donovan drew forward and separated them.

"Fucking slut!" Abigail cursed out at Boma.

"Stop it!" Donovan cautioned her again.

"No. She's a fucking whore!"

The insults got to Boma. Donovan's grip on her wrist was mild so she easily slid free and threw herself against Abigail with all her might.

Her move was so swift and unexpected that Abigail and Donovan were stunned.

Abigail landed on the ground on her side. Boma seized the moment of her helplessness to sit on her and proceed with raining slaps and blows on her face.

Abigail screamed in pain. "Get off me!" She cried out. "Get off me, you whore. Donovan, do something, please."

"You -are -the-whore!" Boma yelled, punctuating each word with a blow. She continued her assault on Abigail for a few seconds until she felt a strong hand pulling her up by her hair. Without looking, she knew it was Donovan's. A glance confirmed her knowledge.

She winced in pain and had no choice but to let go. She was forced to rise to her feet as Donovan pulled her close to his side.

"I separated your fight." he reminded her. " Why did you attack her?"

"She insulted me."

Abigail hurried up to her feet and pointed an angry finger at Boma.

"Donovan, you know that I cannot accept this insult from a bloody civilian. I will make her pay."

"Calm down, I will deal with her myself," Donovan assured her.

Unbelieving, Boma rushed at Abigail again, attacking her with her fists and causing her to cry out. By this time the commotion had drawn out Donovan's guys from the room they were sharing.

They stared at the scene, appalled.

"Knock it off, Boma, don't test me," Donovan warned but Boma continued her assault until Donovan immediately pulled her away from the girl and slapped her across the cheek. "I said knock it off!"

Boma landed on the ground from the force of the slap. Then the pain and humiliation caused her to start crying.

"I just want to go home." She cried.

"Shut up and go freshen up and do what you're supposed to do this morning before I lose my temper."

Abigail had a superior look on her face as she stared down at Boma.

"You've not seen anything yet, bitch." She taunted.

Still crying, Boma struggled to her feet and stormed towards Donovan's bedroom, swinging the door open and slamming it shut behind her.

Inside the room, she leaned against the door and kept her ears open, so she would be able to hear whatever they talked about.

"That bitch must pay," Abigail told Donovan.

"She is my Queen. You will not use any derogatory terms on her anymore."

"Fraternity members come first." She pointed out. "Our loyalty is first to our members and alliances. She has raised her hand against a Point One. My members will not be happy."

"They will not be happy if you tell them."

"I am going to table this matter. I won't accept it." Abigail insisted.

"You don't want to start a fraternity war," Donovan advised. "You were rude to my Queen."

"I don't have to be polite to an ordinary student. I am a leader. And there are laws. I must table this matter and my members won't be happy."

"You know, you can let it go. I can assure you that I will deal with her."

"I don't want that. You have to bring her to the Bra Axe Court. We will do it ourselves."

"Is that what you want?" Donovan demanded.

"Yes. Because she will pay, whether you like it or not."

"Get out of my house. Right now!"

"What?"

"I said, get out of my house. If you want a war, a war is what you will get."

"So be it," Abigail answered and

with that, she turned on her heel and stormed back inside the room she had just emerged from.

Donovan waited and she stormed out with her bag a couple of minutes later.

"Bitch, you're dead!" She yelled at the top of her voice.

Boma shuddered with fright from her eavesdropping position. The situation had gone sour real fast.

"You're dead!" Abigail threatened again in a loud voice. "Watch your back around campus. Your boyfriend cannot save you."

"Leave my house and stop screaming," Donovan told her forcefully."

Abigail simply laughed as she walked away from the house. "We shall see." were her last words before she exited the house and slammed the door shut.

"We don't want to have problems with the Bra Axe." One of the guys said. "They are supposed to be our allies."

"Too bad, we have to become enemies and all my Queen had to do was keep her head cool."

Boma heard sure footsteps approaching the bedroom. "All she had to do was keep her head cool." Donovan's voice drew closer and it was laced with rising fury. It caused her to start jittering because the situation was getting worse. "Boma!"

He thundered. "You better be on your knees by the time I get in there!"

Boma shifted away from the door and burst into fresh tears as she dropped to her knees somewhere in the middle of the room. Trouble surrounded her and she didn't have any idea about what to do.

The door burst open to reveal an angry Donovan who perused her with fury in his forest eyes.

He kicked the door shut without taking his eyes off her trembling body.

"You." He growled. "Look what you've caused. You've ruined my chance at forming a good ally. Didn't I warn you about engaging in a brawl? Didn't you see it among the rules?"

"She insulted me." Boma's voice wavered with her tears.

"All you had to do was quietly walk away, but you had to start fighting."

"She attacked me first."

"And I separated you. Yet you attacked her again."

"Because she kept insulting me."

"She is a Point One. All you had to do was walk away. That was what I expected of you. And now you have started a bloody frat war. Do you know what you've done?"

Boma didn't know what to say anymore, so she just sobbed.