10

After a few seconds of silence, her fear prompted her to voice her immediate concern.

"Please- D, please where are we going?"

"You'll return to your hostel in the morning. Don't worry. Tomorrow is a lecture-free day, so congratulations on picking the right time to test me."

"I didn't mean to lie." Her words came out in a rush due to her heightened state of anxiety.

"Oh, now she admits the truth." He said mindlessly. "How honorable. I'm impressed."

"I won't do it again." She fervently promised.

"Yeah. After I'm done with you." He declared.

Her mouth began working a mile a minute to explain herself.

"Please, I'm sorry. I forgot the ring on my bed. I was going to wear it before getting out but I was running late and forgot it in my haste. It wasn't intentional."

"A point one's girl must always wear her ring. You need that driven into you."

"No. Please, it won't happen again." She pleaded. "I promise it won't." God, she was so scared.

"You're right, it won't. " His tone was uncompromising.

It told her that she was done for.

Panic enveloped her like cold crawling over her skin. Overwhelmed by her current situation, she reached for her phone, her intention to text Hilda that she was in trouble with Donovan as he had found out about the ring.

She didn't even know how that would help but she just wanted her friend to know.

"What are you doing?" He demanded.

Startled, she stared at him with wild wet eyes, speechless.

"Drop that phone." He ordered and she managed to find her voice.

"Please, I- my friend will be expecting me. She needs to know that I'm fine."

"She knows you're with your boyfriend. There's no safer place to be."

But I'm not safe with you, her mind screamed. I fear you.

"Please-please what are you going to do to me?" Her heart was aching with fear and she was starting to shake.

"You'll see."

Buried in fear, all she could do was hope for him to calm down before they reached his off-campus apartment.

She stole fearful glances at him as he drove. She didn't see any sign of calmness in him.

The firmness of his jaw was set in a hard line, eyelashes narrowing now and then.

It felt like he couldn't wait to start drilling her as he had threatened.

God! Didn't he say he liked her? Didn't he just take her shopping? Didn't he just buy her lunch?

She quickly reminded herself that he had forcefully made her his girlfriend. He was a frat leader. He was a bad guy.

She had always hoped that when she got to dating, it would be a gorgeous wealthy guy who was sweet on her. But here she was.

She wondered what he was going to do to her. Was he going to beat her? She remembered the slap he had given her the first day they met. He hadn't even had the slightest hesitation about doing it. The memory of that and what was currently happening culminated to heighten her anxiety.

Time passed and more distance was covered, taking them to their destination.

Lost in her fear, she didn't know they had reached the estate where he lived until she heard the honk of the car horn.