20

It was an evening void of rest because it was laced with anxiety for Boma. She stayed in the hostel, on her bed, worried.

Ever since she was forced to part from Fidelis she was yet to hear from him.

Several times, she had tried calling him on his phone but he neither took her calls nor returned them. The messages she left on his phone brought no response.

All efforts to contact him were driven by her concern for his safety. She was dying to know if he was alright. She had to know because of the kind of dangerous person Donovan was.

With regretful feelings of not knowing her friend enough to know where he stayed, she had gone to the library to check. She didn't find him.

She had been hoping to find him during their evening class but she didn't see him there either

Anger entered her as she imagined Donovan doing something bad to him. She hoped it was not the case. He couldn't hurt his cousin.

The possibility of him not caring about hurting his brother infuriated her as she put a call across to Hilda who was staying with her boyfriend off-campus for a couple of days. She wanted to complain about the matter but ended up just checking on her. She didn't want to ruin her friend's day.

That afternoon, after a class she stood outside the lecture theater, anger boiling .within her as she thought of a solution.

A male student walked up to her and tried to make small talk by complimenting her looks. She ignored him. He called her a prude and moved on. She didn't care. She was not looking for friends or a relationship.

She managed to let the day pass by. But in the morning, she got up with a determined look on her face. She had decided to do something and damn the consequence.

The light of dawn seeped into the hostel room. She rubbed her bleary eyes and walked to the window. There was a pearly glow in the sky.

She tried Fidelis's number again as a final check-up. It rang but there was no response as usual.

Finalizing her decision in her heart she got prepared for the morning and headed out.

Her determination took her to the estate Donovan lived at. There, the security asked for a pass and she told him she was going to Donovan's apartment.

He asked if he was expecting her and she told him he was. She took that as a hint that Donovan was home. She knew she had to take her chances of being let inside to see him.

There was a shuttle park in the estate and she didn't have to worry about walking down to his apartment when she was finally let in.

The man looked at her and seemed to recognize her. "Are you not his girlfriend?" He asked.

She was speechless at first then snapped out of it. "I'm his friend." She corrected.

"Okay, I will confirm. Just following protocols, okay?"

"I understand."

She waited as he made a call, informing Donovan that a friend was there to see him.

As he looked at her expectantly, she gave him her name and she heard him mention her name to Donovan.

She expected a turndown, but she stood, waiting. She was already there. If she didn't see him, she would find another way. Enough was enough.

The security guard listened for a few seconds. "Okay." He said and the call ended.

"You can go in." He said and she walked into the estate, surprised by the easy admission.

She hailed a shuttle, gave the driver the address and he rode her to the gate where she was expecting to find Donovan's guys outside but she found him alone at the small gated entrance.