Chapter 1 - Infinite Void

3rd person

"Over here younglings." Jedi Master Adi Gallia called, motioning towards the cruiser that had landed moments before. Upon hearing her instruction, a small group of children scurried toward the Tholothian. The younglings were comprised of several different species, including humans, an Iktochi, a Snivvian, and a Togruta. As the Jedi Master cleared her throat to begin briefing the younglings on "The Gathering," she noticed two of the children bickering while the rest stood by obediently. 

"Ahsoka, I'm gonna get my crystal first." a young boy whispered to the Togruta girl, tugging at her robe. 

"Yeah right. When have you beaten me, (y/n)?" Ahsoka snorted. 

"A lot! Like that one time, uhh..." the boy trailed off, thinking. His delay earned a snicker from the Togruta youngling. However, before he could retaliate the two were given a rude awakening. 

"Ahsoka Tano. (y/n) (l/n). The Gathering is a trial only fit for younglings up to the task. If your focus is this lacking, perhaps you are not ready." 

"Sorry Master Gallia" the two replied sheepishly. The Jedi Master then continued as if nothing had happened.

"The Gathering is one of the most sacred rites of passage for a Jedi. Ahead of you lies your greatest challenge as younglings thus far. If you succeed, you will earn this." Master Gallia proceeded to carefully disassemble her elegant lightsaber, showing the younglings a radiant blue glow within. A kyber crystal. The younglings were entranced, but the Jedi broke their spell with her final warning. "If you fail, it is likely you will never become a Jedi." Master Gallia then motioned to board the vessel, refusing eye contact with any of the children as they nervously walked aboard the cruiser.

(y/n) POV

While we waited to arrive at our destination, I couldn't help but endlessly hear the Jedi Master's words over and over in my head.

"Do you think Master Gallia was serious?" I inquired anxiously, turning to my friend Ahsoka. 

"When has she ever not been serious?" Ahsoka responded sarcastically as she focused on levitating a small rock in her outstretched palm. I knew she was right. Master Gallia wasn't the type to be humorous. The reality of her words was eating away at me, like a mynock syphoning power from a spacecraft. 'What if I don't find my crystal? What if I fail? Will I be assigned to the service corps? What next? A life of monotonous work and boring jobs? No! I don't want that! I-'

"(y/n)." Ahsoka said calmly, perhaps sensing my emotions running wild. 

"Yeah?" I responded.

"You'll do fine. Just trust in the force and you'll be okay. Stop worrying." She proclaimed before allowing the rock to descend until it yet again rested on her palm. 

"Alright, thanks Ahsoka." I replied with a grin. "Can I have a try?" I requested, pointing to the rock.

"Sure!" she answered, returning a smile. As she parted with the smooth stone, I closed my eyes, focusing on feeling the force flow within me. Concentrating on the pebble, I willed it to rise. Surely this time. Surely I succeeded this time. As I opened my eyes to see the result, I was met with disappointment. The rock twitched, it trembled, but it refused to float.