Chapter 3 - Giving Chase

3rd Person

Coruscant was a location like no other. A planetwide city. Only there would you find such diversity of species, technology, and culture. If Coruscant itself was a melting pot, then the planet's underworld was the amalgamation of impurities that collected at the bottom.

Anything illegal one desired could be found there, from the usual drugs to the most dangerous weaponry in the known universe. It was ironic that the planet known as the galaxy's governing epicenter housed such a diseased, rotten hub of scum and villainy. Deep within this subterranean cesspool, there were three individuals who stood out from their surroundings.

Ahsoka POV

"Clack."

"Clack."

I was making more noise than I should have been. When walking through Coruscant's underbelly, it wasn't wise to attract unwanted attention. But I was just... so... frustrated! (y/n) shouldn't be here. I tried to convince him otherwise, but it wouldn't have gone anywhere. He's almost as stubborn as I am. As if on cue, (y/n) appeared next to me.

"Ahsoka, did I do something wrong?" (y/n) pleaded, matching my blistering pace.

"No, you're fine, I just want to find my lightsaber as soon as possible. If anyone is hurt by my weapon, that's on me." I assured him. I couldn't tell him the real reason.

"Ok, that's good at least." (y/n) sighed, though he didn't sound fully convinced. "Can you at least slow down a bit? Look, Master Sinube is having trouble catching up." (y/n) pointed. Oh, that's a good point. After that realization, I begrudgingly relaxed my pace.

After some time, we arrived at the site of the deal: a small bar in the slum district. Unbeknownst to the typical onlooker, this "bar" was a black-market weapons market. I wasted no time before sitting down and striking up a conversation with the bartender: a quarren with a cybernetic eye implant.

"Can I help you?" the squid-humanoid inquired . He was trying to look intimidating. Typical.

"We're looking to buy a lightsaber, any ideas where we could do that?" I probed, matching his confidence.

"Come with me." he whispered slyly, motioning to the back. (y/n), Master Sinube, and I followed the aquatic alien until he met up with a male Twi'lek. Darkness surrounded the five of us, the only light source being the bright glimmer of the bartender's optical enhancement. It made me uneasy to say the least.

"So, you wanna buy a lightsaber? How much are you willing to pay?" the Quarren demanded, breaking the silence.

"If you have it, you'll give it to me." I declared with a hint of hubris. I then held out my hand and opened my palm, glaring at the two dealers. Before the Quarren dealer could react, Master Sinube interjected.

"What my little friend is saying... is how much?" the Jedi Master communicated expertly, easing the tension I had just created.

"Twenty thousand." the Quarren answered matter-of-factly, as if it was obvious.

"Twenty thousand?!" both I and (y/n) blurted out, flabbergasted.