Chapter 32 - The Voice

3rd Person

Shatterpoint.

A force ability named after a force phenomenon of the same name.

On a macroscopic level, shatterpoints were said to be fulcrums of time and space, singular moments of uncertainty... moments of weakness... moments of choice.

Though microscopic in the grand scheme of eternity, these instantaneous flashes of time were created through eons of buildup.

And... their outcome determined the trajectory of the galaxy for eons to come.

On a microscopic level, shatterpoints weren't much different.

Everyone experiences stress in their life. Everyone experiences failure on some level.

Losing a race.

Being canned from a job.

The loss of a partner... a parent...

These stresses build up within us over time, wear down our bones until they reach a breaking point.

A moment of truth...

Of volition.

Our response determines who we are.

(y/n) POV

Upon our return to Coruscant, we were to immediately assemble the council for a debriefing.

As such, Master Kenobi began the necessary preparations to assemble all twelve masters.

It would take time, however. Therefore, I requested to break off from the group temporarily.

Master Kenobi honored my request.

And so... I set out to look for my master.

I stepped through the hallowed halls with an uneasiness, sneaking panicked glances at every Jedi I passed who looked old enough to be a master...

Because... clipped to my waist was something I could not let them discover.

Since the moment I'd awoken from that frenzy on Mortis, I'd heard tortured wails hailing from within the worn, secondhand hilt.

Wails of anguish as the crystal bled a deep, crimson red.

If I could hear them, well... I didn't want to find out if anyone else could.

Furthermore, as my footsteps reverberated through the polished temple floor... I felt a dark presence...

Trailing me.

Lurking in my shadow.

'It must be red crystal.' I assumed, shivering.

But, as my footfalls echoed alongside so many others, my ears picked up on a peculiar sound.

"Flap. Flap. Flap."

Wingbeats.

Without warning, a small shadow passed over me, and I jerked my head upward.