Chapter 42 - Bound to Slip

3rd Person

Life was short, despite the galaxy being home to several species with incredible lifespans.

Master Yoda's species was extremely enduring, capable of living almost a millenia. 

Pau'ans could live for up to seven centuries.

Additionally, force-sensitive individuals in harmony with themselves reached ages unachievable to normal individuals. 

Yet the vast majority of species, including humans, usually lived for no more than a meager hundred years.

Even then, only about fifty of those years lended themselves to developing skills, acquiring knowledge, and honing physicality.

To top it off, cultivating all three at once proved to be quite the challenge.

Fifty years to train, or perhaps fifty to study.

No... twenty five to train, and twenty five to study.

Or perhaps twenty to train, twenty to study, and ten to enjoy?

Truly, there was never enough time.

Burst POV

Blank.

A perfect description of Kamino. Floating on the surface of a planetary ocean, Tipoca City was a prime example of that.

Any semblance of a vibrant culture had long since been washed away by the Great Flood, an ancient, apocalyptic event that plunged the planet underwater.

The Kaminoans of today were pale, prideful, and private... their elongated necks placing them above the petty problems of others.

Except, of course... when they had something to gain. Something to sell... specifically, the singular product that had skyrocketed them to their significant reputation and wealth.

Clones.

I never wanted to come back.

"Tap."

"Tap."

"Tap."

As I marched through the blank, white halls, the countless reflective surfaces stripped me of my sense of self. ...Throwing my regularity in my face.

The transparent windows forced legions and legions of clear pods into my vision, every pod indexed in a tower of large, rotating rings... 

The pods... contained hundreds of thousands of me.

"Tap."

"Tap."

"Tap."

As I marched through the smooth corridors, my ear caught the faint echo of my brothers doing the same.