Chapter 16 - The Beginning

3rd Person

Escaping the fight is impossible. 

Even if a soldier lives on, the battle continues; this time, within the mind.

Only through death does the battle finally end.

(y/n) POV

I awoke in a fog.

My vision was blurry, my eyes unfocused.

I felt the soft, comfy texture of bedding and clean sheets beneath me.

Slowly, everything started to clear up.

I was... back on Coruscant? Yeah, this was the Temple infirmary.

I was alone.

I made a pathetic attempt to rise, failing miserably. That was when I became fully cognizant of the damage my body had sustained.

A sharp pain pulsated from where my side had been lacerated; the vibroblade had done its job. Fortunately, the gash didn't hurt so long as I didn't move.

The blaster strikes weren't the same. The surface area of the flesh they'd struck felt painfully hot, as if my skin was ablaze. What degree the burns were, I had no idea. 

My injured leg was stiff, immobile. In fact, it had swollen to nearly twice the size of its twin. There was a surgical incision below my knee, evidently performed while I was unconscious. 

I couldn't move at all.

As the memories of the whole ordeal churned throughout my skull, a single thought surfaced.

This was going to be harder than I thought.

My suffering was only beginning.

"Ah, it's about time!" a soothing voice exclaimed, entering the medical bay.

"Master?" I questioned, perplexed. Everything was still a bit fuzzy, but the tholothian visitor certainly bore resemblance to Master Gallia.

"Oh I'm afraid not, padawan (l/n); I'm Stass Allie." Master Allie laughed. "Your master and I are... related."

Oh, that's right. I faintly remember hearing that Master Gallia had a cousin within the order. 

Master Allie cleared up a lot of my situation for me. About a week had passed, and throughout it I'd been drifting in and out of consciousness. 

She'd administered bacta to heal some of my injuries, and a medical droid had performed the operation on my knee.

The entirety of my knee apparatus had been disintegrated; cybernetics had been used to reconstruct my lost ligaments and tendons.

Fortunately, the surgery was successful.

Now I had to recover from it.

"Where is everyone? What did I miss?!" I inquired, frantic curiosity taking hold of me.

"Slow down, padawan. Your wounds need to heal, try to get some rest. I only heard bits and pieces of the operation on Jedha. I can tell you this, however. Your master is currently attending a council meeting." Master Allie elucidated.