Chapter 29 - Where Gods Walk the Skies

3rd Person

This planet is the key.

Your power lies here.

Soon you'll see.

The void is near.

Anakin POV

'Are you the one?' a voice called.

"What the-what?" I sputtered. "Did you hear that?"

The whisper was so soft, I second-guessed myself on whether or not I'd even heard it.

"I didn't hear anything." Obi-wan answered, removing his binocs.

"Me neither." (y/n) corroborated.

"Are you the one?" the voice repeated.

This time, I turned around to see a woman.

A very tall woman.

"He-lloo..." Obi-wan smiled, his hand going to his beard.

"Who are you?" I inquired cautiously.

Though she seemed human, the woman was more mystical and mirage-like than anything, though that already extended to the rest of the planet.

She had long, emerald hair that cascaded down her back like a green waterfall, along with pale, white skin that literally glowed.

"I am Daughter... are you the one?" she answered, thereafter repeating her question.

"Uh, the one what?" I finally answered, utterly confused.

"I will take you to him." the Daughter insisted.

Her train of thought was about as well-maintenanced as the Twilight.

"Him who?" Ahsoka questioned, mimicking my sassy energy.

"Did you bring us here?" Obi-wan asked, more politely than I or Snips.

"Only he can help you... there is little time, follow me. We must have shelter by nightfall." the Daughter pressed urgently, turning around with the intention of us following.

"He who?" (y/n) called after her, failing to get an answer.

"Worth a try." Ahsoka stated, patting her friend on the back.

"And we thought the planet was strange, how about this one?" I laughed.

"We'll be fine, as long as we stay together." Obi-wan assured the three of us.

Accepting the bizarre nature of our circumstances, we set out to tail this... Daughter, until we could meet him.

Later, we found ourselves hiking alongside a cliff.

"Have you noticed the seasons seem to change with the time of day?" Obi-wan muttered quietly.

"Yeah." I agreed, having noticed the exact same thing.

The foliage around us had already turned a fall-maroon, when only hours before it had been a lively summer-green.

Wait... had it been hours?