Chapter 30 - The Price of Power

3rd Person

Sent to discover the origin of a mysterious distress call!

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, his padawan Ahsoka Tano, and her close friend padawan (y/n) (l/n), all stranded on a distant planet. 

Later they discover three beings, more powerful with the force than any Jedi have seen before.

 The Father keeps a fragile balance between his Daughter, who aligns with the light side, and the Son, who drifts ever closer to the dark. 

With his strength failing, the father tests Anakin, determined to confirm Skywalker's status as the 'Chosen One' spoken of in legend.

Now, we find Anakin at the monestary, about to hear the Father's proposition, whatever it may be.

Anakin POV

"Do you feel your destiny?" the Father pried as I watched the others walk away. "You must see it now. I am dying, and you must replace me."

"Replace you? I can't stay here." I insisted, pushing back against the old man's demands.

"But... this is yours!" the towering elder contended, gesturing to the colosseum floor. "It has been foretold! The chosen one will remain to keep my children in balance!"

"No." I denied simply, backing away.

The old man, clearly shocked and disappointed, closed his eyes and looked to the ground. 

For a moment, his long, drooping beard appeared to grow whiter.

"I... cannot force you to do this." the Father reassured, a juxtaposition to his foreboding tone. "The choice must be yours. But leave... and your selfishness shall haunt you... and the galaxy."

(y/n) POV

As we walked away, I sensed something out of the ordinary.

Like I was being watched...

Danger!

I whipped my head around, catching the Son's laser-like eyes boring into me.

"What? You want some?!" I taunted, trying to seem confident.

In reality, my hands were shaking. If the Son had attempted to kill me, I knew I would be hopelessly outmatched.

Without warning, Ahsoka moved herself between the Son and I.

The Son snorted sarcastically, leaving with his sister thereafter by the way of the sky.

I snorted too, but silenced it enough so that Ahsoka couldn't hear it.

"I don't need you to do that for me." I muttered under my breath, glaring at Ahsoka back until she turned around.

After the Father returned our shuttle, it was time to go.

"Ready to get out of here?" Master Kenobi inquired to Anakin, who stood alone at the foot of the landing ramp.