Chapter 6 - What I've Learned

Third Person

Ever since the war's genesis, the number of off-world Jedi had surged. As a result, the temple was more barren than ever. With a quick stroll around temple grounds you would still encounter hundreds of individuals, but it was only a fraction of the thousands of Jedi located throughout the cosmos. While marveling at this strange emptiness of the temple, one had to consider the role of the Jedi. Should they really play a role in this conflict? Should they have nothing to do with it? On one hand, should the Jedi forsake their role as guardians of the force and become soldiers? On the other, should they do nothing at all and allow agents of shadow to cause strife throughout the galaxy? There was much debate among Jedi scholars with this issue. 

Only one thing was certain. Throughout the coming and going of Jedi Generals and their troops, one single novice stayed through it all. He hadn't left the planet in five years. 

Adi Gallia POV

Rest; I doubt that word was included in his vocabulary. Day after day, without fail, my padawan repeated the same routine. I knew that my methods were considered harsh among the order, but never before had a student of mine so willingly adapted to them. Furthermore, he coupled my sessions with training of his own design. 

(y/n) POV

5:00, wake up. After breakfast, meditation.

6:30, lightsaber training.

9:30, force control. 

12:00, lunch.

12:30, meditation.

13:30, force sense.

16:00, a run.

16:30, calisthenics.

18:00, dinner.

18:30, strength training.

21:30, studying in the library.

23:30, bed. 

I thought my training was hard before. No, compared to this, that was like taking clams from a Gungan. 

Every day was a battle, a constant struggle. Still, I managed. It wasn't because I was tougher than the rest. No, internally, I was in a constant state of suffering. It wasn't because I wanted to, it was because I had to. Adi Gallia, this opportunity she'd given me... it was my only chance. For I, for The Weakest Jedi to succeed, I had to become something greater than human. 

I sparred with Master Gallia to the point that my forearms felt like they would rip apart from tightness. 

I meditated for such lengthy periods I felt I would lose myself. 

I concentrated so hard to control my body with the force, I felt I would burst a blood vessel.

I ran to the point I felt my lungs would burst.

I pushed my muscles so hard I felt they would spontaneously combust and turn me to ash. 

Through continuous repetition, what had once been difficult yet fun become agonizing and monotonous. Still, I had to persevere, for there was no other choice. 

Adi Gallia POV

He was improving. At a terribly slow pace, but improving nonetheless. After teaching him the extent of Form I, we moved on to Form II. Then, Form III. He wasn't a master of Form I by any means, but some movements take time to sink in, thus I felt letting him practice alone and moving on to other forms would suffice.