Prologue Pt 1

3rd POV

It's a clear and sunny day on the island of Patch. Its inhabitants are rushing to get where they're going. Panning down to main street we see a young male running like his life depends on it. There're roses in his hands which are getting ready to snap. 

His clothes are mostly messy as if he just threw them on. His hair is all over the place with some areas being partially combed. He huffs in exhaustion but forces his legs to move as fast as they possibly can. After ten minutes he reaches a door step resting his hands on his knees.

Y/N: *panting* "Finally... made it."

He clears his throat ringing the doorbell. As he waits he frantically fixes his clothes. The door opens revealing a young blond haired male.

Tai: "Took you long enough."

Y/N: "I had a minor set back."

Tai laughs before opening the door letting Y/N in. He enters the living room where he sees one Summer Rose holding her newborn daughter.

Summer: "Bout time you got here."

Y/N: "Sorry but my car broke down. Had to run the five miles."

Tai: "If we were still in Beacon you would've been here in no time."

Y/N: "I take that as an insult."

Everyone laughs when again the door bell rings. Two more people then enter the living room.

Raven: "Congratulations."

Qrow: "Where's my littlest niece?"

Summer: "Right here."

She lowers a blanket revealing a few day old baby girl.

Y/N: "So what's her name?"

Summer: "We decided it was to be Ruby."

Raven: "Hi little Ruby."

She opens her eyes showing her dazzling baby blues.

Qrow: "Well, she's got Tai's eyes."

Ruby looks at Y/N cooing. She then holds out her arms. 

Summer: "Looks like she wants to be with you."

She gently sets Ruby in Y/N's arms. She stares at Y/N cooing. Meanwhile he just falls head over hells for her.

Summer: "I always knew you'd be the best uncle."

Y/N: "I can't wait to see the kind of girl she grows up to be."

He boops her nose.

Y/N: "You're gonna be the greatest Huntress this world's ever seen."

*timeskip*

We see Summer and Y/N sitting in front of Ozpin.

Ozpin: "I hate asking you this. But you two are the ones I trust the most."

Summer: "We accept the mission."

Y/N: "Hold on. I don't like this. We should leave this to more well trained Huntsmen."

Summer: "Come on Y/N. Have some fun. This' a once in a lifetime adventure."

He looks down contemplating his decision. He then looks back at her.

Y/N: "Very well. Let's do it."

He looks at Ozpin.

Y/N: "We'll take the mission."

*timeskip*

Y/N looks at his trembling hands. They're grabbed by Summer.

Summer: "It'll be okay Y/N. As long as we cover each other we'll be alright."

She offers him a warm smile. He returns it. 

Pilot: "We're here."

The  airship lands in a forest. Summer and Y/N jump out heading deeper into the forest. About a mile in they reach a small shack.

Summer: "Split up and search for clues."

Y/N: "Roger."

They split going opposite ways. Y/N walks to the backyard where he spots a lone wellhouse. He looks down it when suddenly a twig snaps. He spins around firing a bullet. It travels ten yards striking down a lone Beowolf.

Y/N puts his guard up scanning the area. But that's when he hears screaming. In a dead sprint he runs to the front of the house. Getting there he sees Summer mid fight with three Ursai. Y/N fires his gun taking down two of them. 

A third Ursa sneaks up behind him knocking him to the ground. He goes to flip over but the Ursa bites his arm keeping him from moving. Summer screams again. Y/N looks to see the third Ursa pinning her to the ground.

Y/N: "Let her go!!!"

Voice: "My my."

The two heroes look to the side. There they spot the Queen of Grimm, Salem.

Y/N: "Who the hell are you?"

Salem: "You may call me Salem."

Y/N: "Release us and face us yourself coward!"

Salem: "Such spunk, I like it. But I'm afraid I'm not here for you. I'm here for her."

She looks making her eyes fall on Summer. This angers Y/N.

Y/N: "You won't lay a hand on her!!!"

Salem: "She possesses a power that doesn't sit well with me. Therefore she must be dealt with."

She makes a sword and heads for Summer. Y/N tries to break free but the Ursa tightens its grip on his arm making his bones creak. Y/N takes repeated glances at Summer and the Ursai. 

After taking deep breathes he screams in anger swinging his blade. Salem brings her blade down on Summer. But before it can connect a second blade slices open Salem's neck. She backs away as her neck heals. She then smiles seeing Y/N in front of Summer.