Letting Loose

Y/N POV

Drying myself off and getting some night clothes on I head to the living room to see everyone in their pajamas.

Ruby: "You ready to lose uncle Y/N?"

Y/N: "In your dreams squirt."

I take a seat at the coffee table.

Jaune: "Alright, we're playing Earthly Combat. The goal is to conquer each player's territory. The one to rule all territories is the winner."

We all smile each setting up our territory.

Ruby: "Now how do we decide who goes first?"

Jaune: "The rules say whoever gets the highest roll of the dice."

We each take turns rolling the dice. After a minute or so I smile moving my pieces.

Nora: "Coming for my territory first huh? Well prepare for war!!!"

Jaune: "Trivia phase. Who was the settler to first establish a home in Mantle?"

Nora: "Aw man."

She thinks.

Nora: "Ezekiel Browning."

Jaune: "Wrong."

Nora: "What!? That's what the history books said!"

Y/N: "That was the old history books. The recently revised one reveal that it was his brother Jameson. Ezekiel died during the journey. Once he established a home Jameson gave credit to Ezekiel in order to honor him."

Nora: "They didn't give us the revised one."

Y/N: "If you looked at the back of the old book it mentions that some of the current information was being investigated and was liable to change."

Nora: "How do you even know that?"

Y/N: "Simple. I read ahead."

Jaune: "Nora lost the trivia phase. Therefore Y/N is allowed to advance."

I smile moving my pieces further into Nora's territory.

*two hours later*

I look at my opponent to see her smiling. It's come down to just me and her. The others have fallen and their territories belong to me. I must admit I'm surprised she lasted this long. But that's to be expected, she's got her mother's brain.

Ruby: "Just me and you now uncle Y/N."

Y/N: "Yep."

Jaune: "Trivia phase. Where was the peace treaty signed to end the Human/Faunus War?"

Ruby: "Easy. Holley Bluff."

Y/N: "Incorrect. It was signed at Dawn's Peak."

Ruby: "It was actually at Holley Bluff. It got changed to Dawn's Peak after the minor fight at Pepper Creek. Out of spite of losing General Moonshade had the history books changed and altered it to make it seem like the humans had chosen where the peace treaty was signed, since it was the Faunus who were given the location of choice for the signing."

We both look at Jaune for the answer.

Jaune: "It was Holley Bluff."

I groan in anger as Ruby smiles toppling my pieces.

Jaune: "And with that Ruby is named the Queen. She's the winner."

They clap for her while I look to the side slightly pouting. She notices smiling smugly.

Ruby: "Looks like someone's a sore loser."

I flick her forehead making her grab it.

Y/N: "Smug does not suit you."

Now everyone laughs at her while she puffs out her cheek in a pout. That night I lay on my back staring at the ceiling. I stare at my metal arm and sigh with slight sadness.

Y/N: "Wish you were here with us Summer. If you were then you could help me with these kids. I'm just not qualified."

I stare back up at the ceiling recalling the fun we just had. This makes me crack a smile and flip onto my side.

Y/N: "These kids are something else. Able to smile no matter what happens. Maybe, just maybe, they can teach me a thing or two."

I close my eyes drifting off to sleep. Over the next few days I chill out with the kids. Through that time we just have a good time which brings me enough comfort to smile the entire time. Also Yang and Weiss arrive further adding to our good time. Nearly a week later I get a text on my scroll.

Ruby: "Who is it?"

Y/N: "Leo. Says he wishes to speak with us."

They get serious.

Ruby: "It must be time."

Y/N: "Agreed. Gather your things. We may be in for a long fight."