First Day Of School

Y/N POV

The day after initiation I caw waking everyone up.

Yang: "Shut up N/N!"

Weiss: "Ruby, turn off your alarm bird!"

Blake: "It's so loud!"

Ruby: "That's enough N/N."

I cease all noise making the others sigh in relief. She holds out her arm. I chirp walking up to her shoulder.

Ruby: "Come on guys, it's time to get up."

Yang: "It's not even seven."

Ruby: "The early bird gets the worm."

Weiss: "Let us sleep at least another twenty minutes."

Blake: "Make it forty."

Ruby and I look at each other. I then open my mouth cawing as loud as I can. They all groan in annoyance. Some time later we enter the classroom where a somewhat fat man speaks boisterously.

Man: "No pets allowed in the classroom."

I screech loudly spreading out my wings.

Man: "Just make sure he doesn't poop on anything."

I ruffle my feathers standing on the desk. A few minutes later class starts.

Man: "The Grimm have many names. But to me they're prey."

He laughs only to quickly stop.

Man: "You shall them this once you have graduated. Referring to a past topic, Vale and the three other kingdoms are safe spaces in this dangerous world. This world is full of things ready to tear you apart. But there's no need to fear because that's what we're here for. Huntsmen and Huntresses."

He winks at Yang.

Man: "These're people who've sworn their lives to protect the ones calling this place home. From what? Why the world!"

Student: "Ey yeah!"

I squawk causing him to sit down.

Man: "That's your goal here. Before we get into how to do that I'd like to share with you a story. When I was young..."

I hear scribbling. I look to see Ruby drawing a picture. She lifts the paper showing a crude drawing of the teacher. This makes Yang snicker which in turn makes the teacher clear his throat.

Man: "As I was saying. Which among you believe themselves to embody these traits?"

Weiss: "I do sir."

Man: "Then come down and prove it."

She walks down rapier in hand.

Man: "Let the match begin."

A lock is shot making a Borbatusk run towards Weiss. She spins around it slicing its side.

Man: "Not bad."

The Borbatusk kicks up the ground as they run at each other. Their collision results in Weiss getting her rapier stuck.

Ruby: "You got this Weiss!"

She shoots Ruby a glare. This allows the Borbatusk to toss her rapier away. She flips over the Borbatusk rearming herself.

Ruby: "It's belly! Go for it's-"

Weiss: "Stop bossing me around!"

I screech as the Borbatusk runs at Weiss. She makes a glyph that upon hitting the Borbatusk is knocked on its back. Weiss then comes in skewering the Borbatusk's stomach ending the fight. The bell rings as Weiss stomps out of the room while I growl at her.

That night I throw on a hood that casts a shadow over my face. I then activate my eyes turning them into two white orbs. Ready I quickly reach out grabbing Weiss' collar. I slam her back on the wall.

Weiss: "What is wrong with you!?!"

She locks eyes with me. All the color leaves her as I stare her down.

Y/N: "Listen and listen well princess. If you continue to be mean to Ruby we're gonna have a problem. And hear me when I say you don't want a problem with me. I'm always around so if I so much as see you roll your eyes at her I'll make it so the only time you open your mouth it'll only be to tell the doctor to end it all. Got me?"

She shakes in utter terror. 

Y/N: "I'm not hearing an answer."

Weiss: *soft and meek* "Y-yes."

Y/N: "Good, now get the hell outta my sight."

She runs away. I take a deep breath while falling out of the window. I fly through the smoke flying through the bedroom window. At that moment Weiss enters the room.

Ruby: "There you are. You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Weiss: "I'm fine. Listen, I'm sorry for yelling at you. I promise it'll never happen again."

Ruby: "Oh, thanks."

I smile internally when Yang walks out with a towel around her.

Yang: "You're turn Weiss."

Her nose then twitches.

Yang: "Why does it smell like an animal peed in here?"

They all look at me. I just squawk knowing full well it wasn't me.