The Kingdom Of Vale

Y/N POV

Weiss: "The Vytal Festival, what a wonderous event."

Yang: "Remind me why we're at the docks on a Friday."

Weiss: "Students from the other academies are said to be arriving today. So I believe it'd be my duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom."

Blake: "You just wanna see their fighting style so you can have the edge over them in the tournament."

Weiss: "You can't prove that."

Ruby: "What's going on down there?"

We walk down the street to see police surrounding a store.

Yang: "What happened?"

Officer1: "Second dust robbery this week. I don't get it, why so much dust?"

Officer2: "You thinking it's the White Fang?"

Officer1: "Yeah I'm thinking we ain't paid enough."

Weiss: "The White Fang, what awful riffraff."

Blake: "Excuse me?"

Weiss: "I just don't care for criminals."

Blake: "They're just misguided Faunus."

Weiss: "They wish humans extinct."

Blake: "Then they're very misguided. Still don't explain why they'd rob a store in the heart of a kingdom."

Ruby: "She's got a point. It could've be that Torchwick guy who's still on the loose."

Man: "Stop him!"

We turn our heads to find a male faunus running from some cops.

Yang: "Well there goes the competition."

Weiss: "We have to study him!"

I squawk taking flight after him. I get ahead of everyone quickly losing them. When I'm out of their sights I turn into my human form. This makes me fall outta the sky landing on the male Faunus.

Y/N: "Caught you."

Man: "Hey come on, I only caught a ride here."

Y/N: "So you're a stow away."

He stutters for a response.

Y/N: "What business brings you here?"

Man: "I just came to compete in the tournament."

Y/N: "Then why not ride an airship like everyone else?"

Man: "Have you seen the current travel prices? It's a hundred lien just from Patch. And I came from Vacuo. So it was easier to just steal a boat ride."

I narrow my eyes at him. That's when I hear arguing.

Y/N: "I'm letting you go this time. But if I catch you again I won't go easy."

I turn around bursting into my bird form. When I arrive at the others they walk back to Beacon. Come that Sunday I fly over Vale searching for Blake. As I fly over the financial district an explosion goes off. I land in my human form to find White Fang all over the place.

Roman: "Well what do we have here?"

I turn to spot criminal Roman Torchwick.

Y/N: "What's your game here?"

Roman: "Why would I tell you that?"

He fires his cane at me. I roll to the side but he swings his cane upwards. It hits my chin knocking me back. I roll until my feet rest on a shipping container. From there my eyes shine as my power builds up. 

When it's at a decent amount I expel it rocketing me towards Roman. As I close the distance between us I ready a sphere of light. Once I'm close I bring it down on him. He's driven to the ground where I kick his chin.

He's sent to my level. There I aim both of my hands at him. He's sent back by two blasts of light. Before he gets too far I wrap a line of light around his ankle. I then sling him over my shoulder slamming him face first onto the ground. He staggers to his feet when I see Ruby being ambushed by a group of White Fang. 

I power my feet and leap towards the group. While in the air I make my hands glow with light. Upon my descent I pound the ground. The impact sends the gaggle of villains away. A bright flash also erupts blinding everyone. While they recover police sirens wail as cops arrive. Seeing my job done I turn into a bird and fly away. 

Ruby POV

My eyesight returns allowing me to see cops arresting the villains. My mind then recalls the sight prior to the bright flash. I saw that man again. I look around hoping to find him. But I become sad not seeing him. When I look down I see a single feather. 

Ruby: "What the?"

I pick it up analyzing it.

Ruby: "A buzzard feather?"

I think trying to put the pieces together. That man and this feather. My eyebrows then slightly rise.

Ruby: "N/N?"