Prologue Pt 2

3rd POV

Salem smiles as her throat fully heals. 

Salem: "Your resolve is amazing. You mutilated your own body just to save her."

Panning to Y/N we see he cut his left arm off at the elbow. Blood drips from his nub making Summer develop a look of horror.

Summer: "Y/N... your arm."

He swings his sword killing the Ursa pinning down Summer. 

Y/N: "I don't give a damn about my arm. We need to leave... now."

Salem: "You won't be going anywhere."

Y/N kicks the ground flinging dirt into Salem's eyes. Blinding her Y/N grabs Summer's hand and runs her away. After about a mile she stops him.

Summer: "You're hurt."

Y/N: "I'll survive. We just need to focus on getting the hell out of here."

Salem: "As I said. You're not going anywhere."

They turn seeing Salem walking to them.

Y/N: "Summer, you get out of here. I'll keep her busy."

Summer: "You're in worse shape. You leave and I'll fight her."

Y/N: "You've got people waiting for you. I don't, so it's gotta be me."

Salem: "Allow me to aid you two in deciding."

She rushes in sword at the ready. Y/N manages to block her. She however thrusts forward another sword skewering Y/N's stomach. Summer rushes in swinging her scythe. Salem's back is sliced open making her mad. Salem goes to slice Summer but Y/N uses his sword to cut Salem's chest up the middle. 

Salem screams in anger sending out a electrical pulse that pushes the heroes back. Summer slams into a tree making her aura flicker before shattering. Meanwhile Y/N skids across the ground. Salem makes a sword walking to him.

Salem: "My goal was to just kill her. But with your constant interference seems I'll just have to kill you too."

She brings her sword down. As a blur Summer puts herself between Y/N and Salem. Salem's blade punctures Summer's chest exiting her back and entering Y/N's thigh.

Salem: "Mission accomplish."

She makes a portal leaving the area. Y/N yanks out the sword tossing it away. He then kneels next to a dying Summer.

Y/N: "Why? Why did you do that?"

Summer: "A sister always needs to protect her baby brother."

Y/N: "But you have a daughter. She needs you. We need you."

Summer: "Promise me Y/N. Promise me you'll look after her. I trust... you."

Her eyes close as she dies. Y/N cries when blood loss finally makes him pass out.

*timeskip*

Y/N opens his eyes finding himself in a hospital room. He groans sitting up. Looking at his injuries he sees his nub tied off and a bandage covering his stomach. He throws his legs over the bed when the door opens.

Ozpin: "Y/N, you're-"

Y/N runs to Ozpin pinning him to the wall by his throat.

Y/N: "You bastard! It's your fault! It's your fault she's gone!!!!"

Ozpin: "I know how you must feel-"

Y/N: "No, you don't know who I feel! I trusted you Ozpin and you got my sister killed. Do me a favor and leave me and my family alone."

He drops Ozpin and walks away. But he's stopped.

Ozpin: "You're in danger."

Y/N: "I don't give a damn."

Ozpin: "You're being hunted."

Y/N: "Still don't make a difference."

Ozpin sighs

Ozpin: "It's all my fault."

Y/N stops turning to face Ozpin.

Ozpin: "I knew your sister was being targeted and I sent her on that mission. I own up to that mistake. But listen when I say that this' just the beginning."

Y/N: "Explain."

Ozpin: "Your sister was born with a tattoo right? A rose on her back?"

Y/N: "How did you know?"

He pulls out a mirror.

Ozpin: "Check your back."

Y/N grabs the mirror checking his back. Doing this he sees a rose tattoo on the back of his shoulder.

Y/N: "How?"

Ozpin: "That tattoo your sister had was a symbol. A symbol of a great power. Look at your eyes."

He looks spotting his now silver eyes.

Y/N: "What's going on? What happened to my E/C eyes?"

Ozpin: "When your sister died her tattoo transferred to you. This means that she chose you to inherit her power."

Y/N: "What power? Get to the point Oz."

Ozpin: "You are now in command of a power that gives you the edge over the Grimm. The power of the silver eyes. With it no Grimm on Remnant will be able to stand in your way. But it's in a budding state. With practice it'll blossom into legendary power. It's up to you to carry on the legend of the silver eyes."

Y/N rubs his new tattoo. He then thinks about his sister and the hidden power she had.

Y/N: "I'll harness this power and use it to kill Salem."

Ozpin: "Glad to hear it. I'll help you train. But to do that you'll need some... added help."

Y/N: "Something tells me I'm not gonna like where this is going."