Who Are You

Y/N POV

I peacefully sleep when I hear a door close. Flying out the window I tail team RWBY into Vale. I then follow Blake and that monkey from Vale. They lead me to a warehouse. Looking into the skylight I see Roman giving a speech.

Roman: "Now I know us humans are the worst. But let it be known that we all have a common enemy, the ones in charge. They're the ones to blame. They're the ones to blame for your current situation. They're pests that need to be exterminated. Lucky for you I'm the best exterminator around. No offense to the rodent Faunus in the room."

A curtain's dropped revealing a Paladin.

Y/N: *internally* "How the hell he'd get one of those?"

Roman: "This is Atlas' latest toy. Meant to keep the people safe. But thanks to who I work for we have a few in our possession. If you wanna fight to be heard then this is the item you'll be given. Any questions?"

The people attending cheer before moving to one side. This makes Blake and that monkey known. Roman spots them when Blake shoots out the lights. After some screaming and a crash that Paladin bursts out of the building chasing after Blake and the monkey.

When they get to the highway Weiss makes a sheet of ice. The Paladin steps on the ice tripping on it and falling off the highway. I land on a rooftop in my human form as team RWBY begin their fight. 

Yang punches the ice on the ground which coats the area in fog. As the Paladin searches for them Weiss zips around the Paladin with a glyph taking out its sensors. Ruby then comes in swinging her scythe.

The Paladin's left arm is cut off. Yang jumps onto its back and punches it repeatedly. It rockets backwards dragging her through a couple pillars. It then punches her through another. As it delivers another punch its fists is caught.

Yang's hair then catches fire as she punches the arm to pieces. As she's kicked back she catches Blake' gun and is spun around. She comes around punching the robot. It just jumps back dodging her. 

Ruby aims her scythe as Weiss makes glyphs around the barrel. Blast after blast the Paladin is finally frozen in place. Yang punches the robot blasting it apart. Roman tumbles out rolling onto his feet. A short girl then jumps in front of him. They shatter leaving the area. 

Y/N: "That can't be good."

I shake my head when Ruby looks my direction. I quickly duck using the ledge to hide myself.

Y/N: "I pray she didn't see me."

I peek over the ledge when she lands on it. I scream crawling backwards. I then begin to leave when she turns me around.

Ruby: "Wait. Who are you?"

Y/N: "No one important. Look, it'll be for the best you forget about me."

Ruby: "I recognize you. You're the man I see in my dreams. The one visiting me as a baby. Seriously who are you?"

I think before slightly groaning.

Y/N: "My name's Y/N. Y/N L/N."

Ruby: "Y/N. Why're you always around me?"

Y/N: "No particular reason."

Ruby: "I feel like I should report you to the police for stalking."

Y/N: "Please don't."

Ruby: "Then tell me, why're you following me?"

Y/N: *sigh* "I was tasked by someone to watch over you. And that's what I've been doing for the past seventeen years."

Ruby: "Who sent you?"

I open my mouth to lie when we hear Yang's voice.

Yang: "Ruby, where are you?"

Ruby: "Up here."

She turns yelling. I use this moment to fly away.

Ruby POV

I face forward again when I see Y/N gone. I groan before returning to my teammates. When we get back to Beacon I turn to Yang.

Ruby: "Hey Yang."

Yang: "Yeah?"

Ruby: "Do you know a Y/N L/N by chance?"

She hmms placing her hand on her chin.

Yang: "Not really. Is he a student here?"

Ruby: "No. Name just popped into my head. Wondered if you knew him."

Yang: "Oh, alright then."

She flips onto her side. I lay on my back and think to myself. Who is Y/N and who tasked him to look after me?