Reunion

Y/N POV

I look forward as a sleuth of Ursai head my way. I aim my hand at them. A massive beam of light is fired taking them all out. A roar makes me turn my head. I spot a Deathstalker making its way to me. 

My eyes shine as I raise my hands. Chunks of earth levitate out of the ground. I flick my fingers sending the earth chunks at the Deathstalker. They hit it pushing it back. It roars when I run to it getting in its face. 

I power up my fist and uppercut the Deathstalker's jaw. It's flung high into the air where a Nevermore swallows it whole. I smile when a set of claws tears open my back and sends me to the ground. I look over my shoulder then flip onto my back raising my arm. 

A Creep latches onto my left forearm. It growls tightening its grip. It yelps seeing me smile. Placing my right hand on the side of its face a blast of light is fired destroying the Creep. Getting back to my feet I see a couple lesions from where the Creep bit me.

I groan but push it to the side. I then burst into my bird form where I fly over Vale. Looking all around I search for Ruby. When I reach downtown I see her in the middle of killing a King Taijitu. As she kills it I spot a pack of Beowolves surrounding her.

I divebomb towards her. Upon contact with the ground I release a pulse of light that destroys the pack. I rise and face Ruby. We share a gaze when I spot an injured Nevermore reeling back its wing. I switch our positions as my eyes shine bright. The Nevermore fades to dust as I face Ruby.

Ruby: "So the bird... you were..."

I take off flying away. When I exit downtown I land on a rooftop and just sit on the edge. From there I open my scroll pulling up a picture of Summer holding a new born Ruby.

Y/N: "I'm sorry Summer. She found out. Guess that means it's about time I told her. But I'm not ready. Oum what do I do? I wish you were here. I could really use your advice."

*small timeskip*

I sit in a bar on the edge of Vale trying to get some liquid courage. It's been about a week since Ruby found out the bird that's been by her side was me. This is only the beginning. Pretty soon she's gonna find out about my power and how it'llone day be hers. 

Bar tender: "You need a refill?"

Y/N: "Yeah, and keep them coming."

Voice: "Yikes, you trying to forget something?"

I look to my side where my eyes widen. 

Y/N: "No. You?"

Qrow: "I don't know anymore. I'll have what he's having."

Y/N: "So uh... what brings you here?"

Qrow: "Haven't you heard? The Vytal Festival is in town."

Y/N: "Yeah, I know that."

Qrow: "Say, you look really familiar. Have we met before?"

I remain silent. Meanwhile he narrows his eyes trying to figure it out. Reality then hits him like a semi.

Qrow: "Y/N?"

Y/N: "Hey."

Qrow: "Where've you been?"

Y/N: "Around."

Qrow: "For seventeen years?"

Y/N: "Yep."

Bar tender: "Here's your drink."

Qrow: "Next time bring something stronger."

We sit in silence.

Qrow: "So uh... what've you been up to?"

Y/N: "Just fulfilling a promise I made."

Qrow: "If you don't mind my asking, what would that be?"

Y/N: "Watching after Ruby."

He looks at his glass.

Qrow: "Oh."

Again there's silence.

Qrow: "It was Summer wasn't it?"

Y/N: "Yes."

Qrow: "Glad it was you. You were the only one she trusted."

Y/N: "I just don't get it though. Why me? I'm just a subpar brother with no goals in life. So why in the name of Oum would she sacrifice her life for me when she was the one with everything going for her? It should've been me Qrow. I should be worm meat while she should be here taking care of everyone. She was the glue of the family anyway."

Qrow: "I'm not the best at these sorts of things. But something tells me she had her reasons. Same with Oum. There's bound to be a reason you survived and she didn't."

Y/N: "I don't know Qrow. Just doesn't seem right. Throwing away your life like that. Just makes me so angry."

He pats my shoulder.

Qrow: "It'll be okay Y/N. I'm sure one day you'll understand it all."

Y/N: "I can only hope you're right."

I lay down some cash and fly towards Beacon.