Your Turn

Y/N POV

I land on the cliff arriving back at the others.

Y/N: "How goes it?"

Ruby: "Weiss?"

Weiss: *in earpiece* "I made it onto the airship. Taking control now."

Ruby: "Keep us updated."

Weiss POV

I shove the guards out of the airship taking control. I then fly back towards my friends. But as I do so a voice comes through the radio.

Radio: "Manta 5-1, I noticed a detour. Are you alright, over?"

I begin to sweat, what do I do?

Radio: "Manta 5-1, do you copy? Are you okay, over?"

Weiss: *internally* "What do I do?"

Radio: "Manta 5-1, answer, over."

Seeing no other option I pick up the radio.

Weiss: "Manta 5-1, all's good. Over."

There's a moment of silence. Then a different voice is heard.

Cordovin: "Miss Schnee, what're you doing on my channel? Where's the pilots?"

Weiss: "They're busy at the moment, can I take a message?"

Cordovin: "You're to bring my airship back at once, or else."

I remain silent.

Cordovin: "Do you understand-"

I put the radio down cutting her off. I contact Ruby as I begin to panic.

Weiss: "Hey uh slight problem, Cordovin knows something's up."

Ruby: *in earpiece* "Great. Just hurry and come get us."

Weiss: "Copy."

Y/N POV

Ruby: "Cordovin's onto us."

Y/N: "This ain't good."

Suddenly the ground begins to rumble. Looking out we see a massive Leviathan emerging from the sea.

Y/N: "That's really not good."

Weiss then arrives in the airship. 

Yang: "What's the plan Ruby?"

Ruby: "That Leviathan might be our chance to escape. So-"

I tune her out looking at the Leviathan. Airships buzz around firing at it. I then think to myself. These kids can't possibly take on a Grimm of this size. I look at my metal arm thinking about the night before. I turn to the others.

Y/N: "Ruby. A word."

She walks to me.

Ruby: "Yes."

I wrap my arms around her. Though shocked she returns the hug.

Ruby: "What's this for?"

Y/N: "You've really grown into an amazing woman. I just wish your mother could've seen you."

Ruby: "Uh thanks?"

I tighten my grip.

Y/N: "I love you kid."

Ruby: "Huh?"

My eyes glow with my body following. That glow then spreads to Ruby.

Ruby: "What're you doing!?!"

Y/N: "I understand now why Summer did what she did. She gave her life so she could make sure hope lives on. Back then she knew it would come down to you. She knew you were gonna be the one to end all of this."

Ruby: *scared* "What're you saying?"

Y/N: "That it's your turn Ruby. Your turn to carry the light. Use it to end the war with Salem."

I let her go as the glowing subsides. I then look at her eyes to see them turn from blue to silver. Tears then run down her cheeks.

Ruby: "Don't do this uncle Y/N."

Y/N: "Take good care of everyone. They'll be counting on you."

I turn around and blast myself into the air. I keep firing making my way to the Leviathan. As I do I think to myself.

Y/N: "I now understand why you did it Summer. You knew I would be the best person to keep Ruby safe. While everyone got lost in grief I remained steady. You knew I would be the parent she needed after you passed. Sorry it took me so long to figure it out."

I smile as a single tear escapes my eye. One big blast later I land on the Leviathan's head. I then look at my hands which emit a small shine.

Y/N: "I've only got a little bit of power left in me. I've gotta end this quick."

I lower my hands reading myself.