𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒

March 25th Sunday, Houston Texas

"Lani I'm finna go see ma you wanna come with or not?" I yell from my closet while putting on a brown spaghetti strap, baggy khakis and a flannel. Ima regret putting on these jeans later. Cause Texas heat ain't something to play with.

"Yeah!"

I yell okay back.

I walk in my restroom make sure my hair looks ok. Today was the day I told my mom I'd come and visit her. It is 9 in the morning and I wanted to make it there about 10:30. So we can spend our whole day in Cypress Texas. She lives a hour away so I don't visit often but when I do it's always worth it. My family members are definitely some of the funniest people I've meet. I have always been grateful for the type of family I have. A lot of people don't like being the only child. They say that it gets lonely. But that opinion varies especially when you are a person who prefers being alone.

My moms side of the family I knew better than my fathers. It was also the side I was most comfortable with. My aunts and uncles where my protectors especially my uncle on my mom side.

We didn't struggle with money when I was little because my dad was a truck driver. So we were always taken care of even though he wasn't home as much. That was something I loved and admired about him. Even though he wasn't physically with us he still did his job in making sure we were doing good.

My dads side of the family I didn't really see a lot when I was a child and that was simply because my dad was always away. It was hard for my mom to make time for me to go and see both sides of my family because she was always working. She liked earning money just like him. She was a strong believer of women being able to do anything they put their mind to. So she started cooking like crazy. It was her favorite thing to do besides painting in our backyard with me.

Then she got the idea of building a restaurant. And she did just that. As I got older the restaurant got more attention. It didn't help that she built it next to my highschool. So that's where a lot of the kids would go after sports games.

Highschool was pretty fun for me. That's how I meet Jazmine and Daya. They were on the volleyball team with me and Alani and we've been inseparable since.

Since my mom and dad were both gone most of the time I was always at Alani's house until I was old enough to be by myself. But even at that time me and Alani were still always together.

My mom and her mom, Kenya has been bestfriends since middle school. So they were always my second family vise versa.

"Alright Lani let's go." We both walk out the house to go to the car garage.

"I do not feel like driving can we go in your car?" I ask

"Bitch your car literally can self drive." She says looking up from her phone to get off the elevator. "That don't mean shit we always go in my car." I laugh. She rolls her eyes and redirects us to her white charger.