𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

July 2nd, Saturday Houston Texas

A bullet missed the side view mirror on the passenger side by an inch, making Soren duck and scream. I looked in the rear view mirror and surely saw a car speeding behind us. I pressed on the gas and rolled down the window.

"Soren open the glove compartment and pass me one of th-."  Before I could even finish I looked over to her and she was already checking if the gun was loaded. She handed me my Glock without looking at me. When I didn't take it because I was stuck, shocked at her quick movements, she looked up at me confused. "Jason take the fucking gun!" She held her hand out with a confused look still on her face.

I took the gun shocked at her instincts. She quickly checked the other gun rolling her window down. I was looking between her and the road. My eyebrows scrunched when I saw her about to shoot back. "Soren! What you doing?" I ask yelling slightly. She turns to me and looks at me confused, again. "What you think I'm doing? I'm finna shoot back!" She yelled about to put her arm out the window to shoot.

"Hell no! I'm not finna let you kill somebody come drive and I'll shoot." I needed to get them niggas gone quick, we were about to end up on the main streets. And we didn't need that right now. She nodded and pulled her dress back up to her waist so she could move freely. Climbing back onto my lap she placed her foot on top of mines allowing me to quickly slide my foot from under hers and lean up slightly, sticking my my head out the window with my arm. I closed one eye and shot four times. Both front tires and through the front glass on the driver and passenger side. I watched the car swerve of the rode into a ditch.

"You got em' right?" The fear in her voice was loud and clear.

"Yeah just keep going all the way down don't let up just yet." I spoke breathing heavily.

I could feel the anger radiating off her body. Though I was just as mad as her I knew I had to check on her right now. I noticed she started to direct us to her house. I immediately spoke up. "No we can't go to your house, lemme drive." I didn't know when them niggas started following us but I wanted to be cautious, I didn't need niggas shooting her shit up. The whole city would feel my wrath if that every came to be.

We made it to another red light where she quickly climbed back in the passenger seat, after putting the car in park. I switched gears taking us to my house when the light turned green.

She was quiet the whole way to my house. I glanced at her every few seconds, and she was glancing in the side view mirror every time. Her nerves were threw the roof and I could tell.

I knew how to approach the people I knew when they were mad, but I had never seen Soren anything other than bubbly. So I didn't know if she was mad at me or not, I just new she was upset. We'd have to sit down and talk about what just happened. She still didn't know what I did besides owning a few businesses.

Soren had never been to my house before. Even though we had been friends for a while, I was always cautious letting people come to my place. But right now I didn't care I knew she needed and wanted to feel safe, so she could at least ease her nerves. "Text Alani and tell her you not coming home and that you with me so she know you safe." I told her.

She said nothing but just picked up her phone off the floor. I saw her fingers moving on her screen. I parked and went to her side to open the door. She grabbed my hand and laced our fingers. Her grip tight like she was afraid I'd disappear. We walked inside my penthouse, I watched her look around in awe.

My house had black and white decor. It was a big penthouse for just me but I liked it.

I walked her to my bedroom. We both took our shoes off, I turned to her and she looked up at me trying not to cry. It hurt to know that she was feeling like this.

He hugged me and in that moment I couldn't hold my tears anymore

He hugged me and in that moment I couldn't hold my tears anymore. It felt comforting to know that he was okay that I could feel and see that he wasn't injured. I was still shaken up from what happened not even an hour ago.

He picked me up and sat us on the bed. No words were spoken he knew I needed time.

Ten minutes had went by, I took a deep breath. Jason lifted my head and kissed my lips twice. "Why were we getting shot at?" I ask. He sighed, I got off his lap to sit on the bed. I could only think of one reason why we could be getting shot at... gang affiliation.

-
Kind of a filler chapter
It's finna get real hectic

-Kind of a filler chapterIt's finna get real hectic

Soren's dress