02 - Honey Butterfly

Honey-Mouthed
Smooth, soothing, and sweet in voice, especially in a persuasive or seductive manner or intent.

• o 🦋 o •

I woke up because my six year old sister was pouncing on top of me.

"Lila! Stop it!" I groaned.

"Not a chance! Kyle told me to wake you up!"

"I'm awake, now get off!" I lifted my little sister off my stomach and put her on the ground.

"Breakfast is ready!" Dad called from the kitchen.

I could smell the pancakes from my room. That gave me the strength to get up.

I rolled out of bed and crawled (yes, crawled) into the living room.

Mom was already stuffing her face with dad's pancakes and my older brother Kyle was helping dad in the kitchen.

"Morning sunshine." Kyle teased.

"Be quiet and feed me." I answered as I lifted myself onto a chair.

"Why are you so groggy? Your match is today." Dad said.

That was true. Today my team had a really important match. One that Riley had been bugging me about for eternity.

It was now February. Riley and I had had our movie night in December though sadly enough Mica hadn't been able to make it. He'd been really busy with school and ballet apparently. I hadn't seen him since we met. It really bummed me out but that was not the reason I was so low energy this morning.

The reason for that was that it was morning. And mornings were a punishment from God himself.

Ugh!

I slammed my head on my plate.

Not long after I felt something piping hot on my neck.

"Ahh!" I screamed as I lifted my head up. A pancake fell from my hair to the floor.

My whole family laughed at me.

Kyle held a pan and a spatula in his hand and he was grinning at me evilly.

"I hate you." I grumbled.

"Do you want some syrup with that?" He teased.

I threw a fork at him, which he easily dodged.

He grabbed the bag of flour from the counter and started throwing flour at me.

"Kyle!" I complained.

He began to laugh.

That did it.

I grabbed the syrup and started spraying it on him. Soon enough we were stuck in a food-fight.

Mom watched us happily while dad tried to stop us and Lila tried to join. This was generally the dynamic of my family. And even though Kyle and I were usually quarreling, we were really close.

• o 🦋 o •

After a long de-flouring shower, I arrived at the field. The grass was lush and the sun shone bright. It was a nice warm day for February. I was in a good mood. My family usually came to watch my matches but today my little sister had some big school performance so I told them all to go watch her.

"Jay!" Riley waved at me from the field.

I waved back and came towards her.

Our team was complete and Riley was doing her job as captain by giving us a pep talk.