14 - Lovesick Toad

Love Bug
A person who is in love; a sweetheart.

• o 🦋 o •

After having to suffer through yet ANOTHER the talk moment with my mom last night, this morning I was determined to leave for school nice and early. I opened the door to head for my bike. Though unlike most days, my bike wasn't alone in my garden.

Mica stood next to it, holding a box in his hand. He was turned away from me and he didn't seem to notice I was there at all. He appeared to be mumbling something. Behind him stood the shiny black car that brought Mica everywhere, its engine still running.

I was so flipping happy to see him. I couldn't believe he was here. And so early too!

"Mica," I called his name.

He was startled and almost dropped the box. "Oh, hey." He chuckled.

I came up to him and then I realized I wasn't sure what to do. Was I supposed to kiss him now or.. just a hug?

"I uh.." Mica began. He seemed really nervous. Oh no, was he breaking up with me? Already? Was in that box the last of my belongings that I'd left at his place?

Wait.. there were no belongings at his place because we'd only just started dating.. That's even sadder!

"I- here." Mica held out the box to me. "I made you this."

Reluctantly I took the box and opened it.

I only now realized it was a bento box and it was filled with sushi rolls, rice balls, chopped veggies, I could even see some fruit and candy in a separate compartment.

"I- I don't know if you even like this.. I just thought.. I'm gonna be really busy and I probably won't see you this week so.." Mica looked really confused. He was blushing hardcore, as was I probably. "Sorry." He added.

"No, don't apologize I'm really happy!" I held Mica's arm.

"Really?"

"Of course! I can't believe you did all this! Seriously, thank you."

I closed the lid and placed the bento on a chair in our garden. I leaned down for a kiss but Mica turned away.

"Everyone can see.." He said quietly.

"There's no one else here right now."

Mica looked around. The neighborhood was dead silent.

"Okay." Mica reluctantly agreed and took a step closer to me.

His lips were warm against the chill of the morning. I pulled him closer to me by his waist with one hand while I held the nape of his neck with the other. His baby hairs were dancing against my skin as his lips wrestled with mine.

Mica seemed to be just as new to this as I was, judging from his response last time. He probably wasn't used to french kissing either. I wondered if it would be okay for me to try that. But just as I'd mustered up the courage to ask, I heard soft voices behind me.

"I told you guys. It's serious." Kyle attempted to be quiet.

I turned around.

"I can hear you, doofus!"

"Shit..!" Kyle whispered, hiding behind the door.

Mica looked mortified as he looked at my entire family spying at us from the open door.

"They already knew." I clarified.

"Huh?"

"They figured it out on their own yesterday, I'm sorry." I told Mica.