25 - Shaking Toad

Hit the frog and toad
To leave or depart. To 'hit the road'. The phrase comes from rhyming slang in which 'frog and toad' rhymes with 'road.'

• o 🦋 o •

I was shaking. Shaking as I rode my bike to Mica's house to spend the weekend over. 

He'd been nervous not because we'd be alone but because of what we'd be doing. 

Holy shmokes, we were taking things to the next level. And.. sure, recently our make out sessions had become more frequent and more intense than before but like.. SEX. 

WITH MICA. 

Me!

And seeing him... naked. 

"Oh- oh- AAH!" I screamed as I lost balance and fell off my bike into the bushes. A bee buzzed above me eliciting another panicked scream. I decided to just lay there for a second to calm myself and gather my thoughts. I figured if I didn't, I'd fall off my bike again and maybe then there wouldn't be bushes to break my fall. Seems I took 'hit the road' a little too literally. I sighed.

He'd just totally sprung this on me! And I wasn't stupid! Of course I said yes! There was nothing I'd want more than to finally go all the way with him! But still I was nervous, I doubted myself and my ability. I mean.. I was a virgin. I didn't know about this stuff other than what I'd seen online and that was totally unreliable! 

I still had difficulty wrapping my head around the fact that Mica had thought about this. And knowing him, it'd been on his mind for a while now. 

That entire time we were in the flower shop, or maybe since he got the phone call, he'd been thinking about it. And that's why he was blushing and nervous and worried. 

Mica wanted to have sex with me. 

"Aah!" I screamed to myself as my face got hot. An old man with a cane looked at me funny as he passed by. 

Right. I was laying in a bush screaming to myself. 

"I'm okay!" I rose my hand. 

The man nodded and grumbled something. 

I mean, was I ready for it? I was going to... expose myself to someone. Holy shmokes!

But it was Mica. And he loved me and he would never be mean to me or say something rude about my body and.. he loved my body! My awkward, ginormous body. That meant a lot. It had to. 

Oh God. 

This was going to be the best day of my life wasn't it? And every other day after this will seem like drudge and I'll fall into a deep, dark depression because you can never get back what has already happened and...

No. I was with Mica. Things could only get better. 

Encouraged and relieved I got back on my bike and raced to Mica's house.

• o 🦋 o •

All the doors were open. I walked right inside and was met by a delicious sent. Apple pie. 

I walked through the living room into the kitchen. Mica had placed the bouquet in a glass vase with water right on the dining room table. It warmed my heart. 

Mica was wearing a pink apron and matching oven mitts as he took a fresh apple pie out of the oven. 

He placed it on the counter and sighed. He looked a little disappointed. But the pie looked perfect. It was golden brown and looked so fresh. 

"It looks great to me." I said. 

Mica looked up and smiled. "James." 

"Mica."