12 - Hopping Toad

A (real) frog-choker
A particularly heavy or torrential downpour of rain. 

• o 🦋 o •

It was raining and I was shaking not because I'd been completely drenched on my way to Mica's house but because it was today. Confrontation day. Making a move day.

And if I hadn't promised Riley I would've totally chickened out but I had promised Riley and I just wasn't one to break promises. So I stood in front of Mica's creepy gates, waiting for courage to drop from the sky and grace me with it's presence.

I would have to wait forever it seemed because no matter how long I stood there, I didn't get more fearless, just wetter.

The gates were open so I went on inside. I only knocked once and immediately butler Charles opened the door and led me into the house.

"Mr. Jay." He smiled.

"Hello, Charles."

Charles looked at my jacket apprehensively. "Here... Let me take that from you.." He stuck out his hands, though his expression looked slightly repulsed.

"Thanks." I said awkwardly as I took off my jacket.

Charles only held it between thumb and index finger.

"Mica will meet you shortly." Charles nodded and disappeared into the hallway.

"Great." I mumbled. "Alone in the creepy house." I wandered around, stopping at the alter.

Mica's brother smiled at me from the picture. I kind of wish I'd known him better. He sounds like a nice guy from everything Riley and Mica had told me.

"You're all wet." I heard Mica's voice in the distance.

I turned around as he walked into the living room.

Gosh golly. He looked so lovely again. How could I ever tell him?

He was wearing a pastel yellow knit sweater with a tiny embroidered frog on it(!!), soft pink shorts and fuzzy yellow socks.

"You'll catch a cold if you don't change out of those clothes." Mica said. "I have some dry ones you can borrow. Do you want to take a shower?"

He was so sweet. So caring. An angel, really. I didn't deserve him! He was talented and pretty and I.. Sigh.

"James?" Mica cocked his head. "Are you okay?" He stroked my arm.

Guys, he stroked my arm! I was tingling.

And I was acting very weird. I had to say something.

"Yes. I'm okay."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"Okay." Mica walked towards the hallway. "Or would you rather take a bath?" He wondered.

"A shower is fine." I said.

• o 🦋 o •

I stepped into the bathroom. And not just any bathroom; Mica's bathroom. I was basically in heaven.

The bathroom was entirely peach-colored and meticulously clean. Of course it was.

Mica had prepared everything for me. A set of fresh clothes, shower gel, a body and face scrub, a washcloth, a loofah, shampoo and conditioner, a towel.. Everything apart from the towel and clothes, brand new. He'd even lit a candle and it smelled heavenly. It was like I was at a spa.

"Wow..." I sighed.

As I took my shower I continued to look around the space. I wanted to find some sort of secret. Like... a lip balm! Or something... Something that would tell me something new about him like... a razor! Did he shave? He had to, his skin was so smooth.