24 - Red Butterfly

As red as a rose
Extremely flushed and red, especially in the face from embarrassment or physical strain.

• o 🦋 o •

Riley's birthday was drawing closer. I was really starting to look forward to it now. This was like one of the last steps. All that was left after this was make 100 hand-written invitations. 

Sigh. Typical Mica. 

Anyway, today we were visiting a flower shop to look for decorations and a special bouquet for Riley's Birthday. I know. It's not a wedding, we don't need flower deco but... Mica insisted. And Riley does love flowers so why not? 

It was a warm, sunny day. The streets lit up like it was a movie set. 

I pulled up to the store on my bike and spotted my boyfriend outside the shop, on the phone. His eyes lit up when he saw me and he waved. 

I waved back. 

"Yeah. Okay.." He spoke into the phone.

I parked my bike before wrapping my arms around Mica. He giggled. 

"I will. Have fun, dad. Bye." Mica hung up. 

I kissed his cheek. "Hey, boyfriend." 

"Hi." Mica chuckled nervously. 

I let go of him and he turned my way. He got on his toes, almost kissing me when an old lady began crossing the street near us. 

"I should go help." Mica said and he sprinted off to help the old woman. I felt so warm inside. He was so endlessly sweet and thoughtful. UGH! How much can you love a person?

They were talking about something. And soon enough the old lady began to laugh at something Mica said. I smiled at them. 

"You are such a gentlemen. There really is hope for the youth." The woman said happily when they'd reached my side. 

"I know, right. I'm so lucky." I agreed. 

The woman looked up at me confused. So did Mica. 

CRAP. 

Then the lady smiled. "Ah, I see. You two hold onto each other." She nodded.

Mica turned bright red and so did I. 

"S-sure. Of course." I agreed. 

"Yep." Mica nodded, staring at the ground. 

"Thank you, dear." The old lady touched Mica's hand before going inside a little tea shop. 

I chuckled and Mica met my eyes and laughed a little too. 

We went on inside the charming flower shop. It smelled freaking divine in here! The amounts of colors were mesmerizing. Daffodils, lilies, magnolias, roses! It was an old wooden shop but because of the flowers it really came to life. The sun poured in from the large windows. I could stay here forever.

"Hello gentlemen." The lady behind the desk greeted us. She had deep red hair and seemed to be in her twenties. She was wearing stylish pointed black glasses.

"Hello." We said in unison. 

"Can I help you with anything or would you just like to look around first?" 

I looked at Mica. 

"We'll look around first. Thank you." He said politely. 

"Of course." The lady nodded. 

Mica and I strolled through the lovely store. Those bouquets were all so expensive! Sixty bucks for flowers!? 

I glanced at Mica. He was fiddling with his fingers. He seemed nervous.