🦋 00 - Sweater Weather 🦋

"Alright guys." Riley said seriously, standing in front of the TV. She was wearing an ugly, over crowded deep red Christmas sweater. Mind you, it was not Christmas. And she'd forced her boyfriend to wear the same one. 

It was winter and it was extremely cold and snowing outside. Although collected here with friends under blankets it felt very cozy.

"It is time for our first annual movie night." Riley smirked.

"Woo!"

"Ay ay ay!"

We all cheered.

Mica, Dax and I were all scattered on the couch in my living room. Mica, of course, right under my arm. He was wearing that fantastic chartreuse sweater he'd worn when he asked me to date him. I smirked happily.

"First, I would like to say that I am glad that we're all together here. And I'm happy we're doing so well and still making time for each other." She smiled. 

"Of course. And we'll keep doing that." I nodded. 

Everyone agreed.

It had been months since Mica and I got back together. Now we were a couple. Not just to the two of us but to everyone. Mica was doing great at his ballet company and I was starting to make some real money as a photographer. 

Riley and Dax were in college and for a while we were scared the four of us might drift apart but that wasn't the case at all. 

I smirked.

"Aww, Riley you're so swee-"

"And I would also like to take full credit for bringing Jay and Mica together." She grinned.

"Huh? How was that your doing?" I asked.

"Um, obviously, I'm the one that introduced you guys in the first place and then you guys made up at MY party." Riley smirked proudly.

"Yeah, but we only got back together AFTER your party. Like way after." I said.

"Pumpkin, I hate to say it but Jay is right." Dax chimed in. He sighed with a heavy heart.

"Thanks?" I said.

"In the end it was I who brought them back together." Dax nodded.

"Huh?! How!" Riley screeched.

"Well, I locked them in that basement and forced them to make up. I planted the seed." Dax sighed as if he was accepting and award and felt bad for the losers.

"The only thing you planted was stupidity," I said. "Sure, we might've made up at Riley's party while you locked us up but I think in the end we would've found our way back together anyway." I said.

"Not with Mica's stubbornness." Dax countered.

"I'm not that stubborn." Mica said.

"Yes, you are." All three of us said in unison.

Mica sank in his seat. I kissed his forehead.

"Riley you're not getting credit for this." I said.

"Oh really? Who told you to confront the beast huh?"

"Riley.." Mica warned.

"Okay, sorry. The guy who was once a beast but is now part man."

Mica sighed and shook his head.

"That was great but it's not what brought us together."

"I brought you together." Dax smiled.