➪FORTY FOUR

Hudson's eyes flash brown as he looks at me

Hudson's eyes flash brown as he looks at me. He always has this sweet looking face. He squints his eyes a bit as he holds his hands behind himself, which I'm sure they are clasped together like always. "Miss Cousy. Mr. Rianchi would like to see you now" he says.

I roll my eyes at Hudson, well not at him, but at Nicco. "It's a good thing I'm not on his time. He's avoided me all day, I'm sure he can go another few hours without me" I scoffed at his statement.

Nicco has yet to talk to me since our small argument. He grew easily angered at my actions and just avoided me the entire day. It's now 8:00pm. That means thirteen hours without more than one word answers from him. He basically stayed inside of his office for a few hours and I got tired of it. I got myself dressed and came down to the local bar. No, I couldn't drink anything, but for one hundred dollars the bouncer let me inside.

It's a completely different aura here. I've never actually been inside a place like this. There are stools at the booth where most men came to sit, ordering beers and sour vodka. The bartender was nice, and he even offered me something to drink. I didn't disclose my age with him, afraid that he'd try and kick me out, but I politely refused. Now he's looking at me sideways as this really tall man with a huge nose and a suit on us asking me about 'Mr. Rianchi'.

"I'm not sure I understand" Hudson says sweetly. Ugh. It's so hard to be mean to him. Even saying the slightest of mean things to him makes me feel bad.

I sigh as I stare at him, hoping he'd get the message. He doesn't.

"You tell Mr. Rianchi that I said I'll see him when I get home" I tilt my head to the side a bit.

He opens his mouth as he's about to speak but sharply closes it as his phone begins to ring. He pulls his phone from the small pocket of his suit and slides his finger across, nearly answering on the first or second ring.

"Mr. Rianchi" he announces. Oh, great.

"I understand. We are currently near the pub five minutes away...yes, she's with me now...I'm not sure...I'm afraid she doesn't want to" he says. Oh no. Hudson, why would you tell him that.

Hudson makes me want to jump him right this second and mess up his sweet face.

"I understand" he pulls the phone away from his ear. I fix my face so that he won't be able to call my bluff. "My apologies, Miss Cousy, but Mr. Rianchi said that he'll be down in five to get you himself" he says.

I sigh as I turn around. "Okay. I guess since he's coming you can just leave me" I say.

Hudson nods. "I'll be right out front. Evening Miss Cousy" He gives me a small assuring smile before turning around and leaving the bar.

Suddenly this rush of adrenaline instills me. I stand up and go a few stools down to a man. He looks to be pretty tall even though he's sitting, has on a black leather jacket, tattoos on his neck, and a huge beard.