Chapter 14: my sweet little brother pt.1

Junpei yushino's mother nagi was found dead in her home
along with an unsealed finger of Sukuna the pinky finger to his left arm.
We believe she was killed by cursed spirits who came to sukuna's finger
She was found covered in a blanket in her room and everything from the waist down was gone leaving only her torso
All that was there was cold packs and ice packs

Y/n pov

Reading a paper nanami handed me this morning is something I did not want to read. Junpei and his mother don't deserve this, what did they do? They were just a family making it through the world and they loved each other yet someone took that away from them someone took from junpei.

I woke up earlier than itadori and had a chat with nanami about this whole situation since in his words.
"You can actually handle situations like this better than itadori '' so now the burden of knowing what happened is on me, I can't let him know until after we kill this curse. And standing in this hallway with itadori and nanami was already tense since we found out Nanami could have died and feels even more tense because I'm making it tense.

Me and itadori just got news from nanami that he fought a patchwork curse capable of communication and that it's the curse that uses a transfigured human. Disgusting.
"Next time I'm going with you! You got hurt since you were by yourself"

Itadori is just as upset as I thought he would be so it's good he hasn't been told of what happened.
"Oh no my partner died but I wasn't with him at the time~. Well why? Because I'm just a child! I can't let something like this happen, not again" the silence felt so loud that I wanted to scream just to make a noise.
"No this curse uses transfigured humans, some people we just can't save and if you continue this line of work you will need to kill someone someday. Right y/n"

I jumped at my name and nod, he is right, people die all the time and sometimes it's us who have to do it just as now against this enemy.
"He's right Itadori I know you want to give people proper death but sometimes you have to do something for the greater good even if the process is a bit messy"

I reach for itadori's hand and hold it tight.
"Both of you please understand that being a child is not a sin, so for now I need you guys to monitor junpei yushina and y/n is in charge" with that nanami walked away as me and itadori stayed in the hallway thinking about what's about to happen. At Least I am.

After about a half hour itadori got annoyed and pulled out his phone
"Itadori? What are you doing" he aggressively typed in a number and called nanami
"I can do this, I need to go." I grabbed the phone from his hand and put it on speaker mod
"Hey y/n what are you doing!?"
" I agree with you"

"Itadori? What's wrong?"
" we can't just sit here nanami, me and y/n are going to help"
" No you're not, if a veil is placed that means he may still be alive so wait for me there. That's an order"

We hung up and quickly made our way through the halls of the building we first met up at.
"Screw that. Pei could get killed and I won't let that happen" I grabbed itadori's hand and started running through the halls
"I agree, besides that patchwork curse deserves to have his ass beat"

We turned the corner but bumped into ijichi
"Ijichi move please we have to go" I know he's gonna be a bit of a problem so I grow in case I need to move him myself.

"I can't do that for you two, we need to help others. Even if you're both students. I am not going to make another mistake." Me and itadori run past him and I use five meters to gently push him to the side.
"Sorry ijichi but we need to do what needs to be done"