Chapter 16: my sweet little brother part 3 end

Extra chapter for the long hiatus wait.

Y/n pov

"But I can't go to sleep right now, I have to stay up with nanami" the ribbon only hummed and loosened its grip, waking me up a bit. I don't know how to get out of this situation with nanami alive, I stand up and grab nanami's hand.
"I can only hold one person in unconditional love, it's very small and only works on you" Damn it. I just grip onto him tightly as nanami takes his weird glasses off for the first time.

"I don't need your gratitude, I get enough of those already. I have no regrets' 'Nanami's death speech was interrupted when a fist came breaking through the top of the domain, itadori! Broke through. A domain is meant to trap their opponent inside so the stronger the hold inside the weaker the outside is like gojo's domain.

Itadori came flying through with clear goals of beating the shit out of patchwork, it looked so cool how he just came right in.
"Itadori nice one!" Next thing I knew patchwork was bleeding horribly out his right shoulder and the domain soon broke like glass and so did the ribbon around me shoot back into my chest.
"Good luck darling" Sukuna must have hurt him.

He's just sitting there on his knees while his shoulder just keeps gushing blood like a fountain, now would be our perfect chance to get him. Itadori and I immediately run at him while he is down, usually I don't like fighting someone when they are down but patchwork doesn't deserve that kind of mercy.

Almost halfway there patchwork grows into some kind of gross balloon man, he's probably trying to keep himself safe by making his body more cushioned for out attacks but we can still get him.
"Divergent fist!/crush!" I squeezed him from behind while itadori punched his stomach, patchwork exploded with a loud pop but he's not dead yet.

Me and itadori made eye contact, realizing what happened nanami ran right behind us towards a gutter.
"Bye bye this was really fun~" shit, nanami smashed the gutter with his blade only for patchwork to get away.

"Itadori are you alright we can still get him!" I noticed that he is wobbling a bit and staggering even more, blood-loss and using so much cursed energy must have taken too big a toll on him
"Nanami itadori is hurt badly, we need to go!" right before he fell I caught him and placed his head on my lap.
"Hey keep your eyes open itadori!" He slowly went to sleep and I checked his pulse. It's ok but I'll keep an eye on it. I just sigh and kiss his forehead
"You did great itadori."

I lift him onto my back and walk over to nanami.
"Nanami, me and itadori can't fight any further. He's out cold and I have barely any strength left." He just nodded and reached for itadori.
"Go get your scarf I'll wait down here for you" I ran back up the building to where junpei was left. Seeing his body being all deformed broke my heart, I should have been faster and maybe he would still be alive right now.

I bend down and unwrap my scarf from him and tie it around my waist. I feel too warm to wear it like I normally do. I take my hand and move junpei's bangs out of his face and kiss his cigarette scars that are surprisingly still there. I finally stood up and went to walk away till I felt a hand on my head.
"Who's there!" I turn fast only to see nobody is nearby and I can't sense any cursed energy. I must be really jumpy right now.

"Y/n are you ready, we are heading out now." With one last look goodbye to junpei I jump out the window and went to nanami's side
"Thanks for holding itadori for me. You can put him on my back again" he gave me itadori once more and undid the veil around us. It is still daytime yet it sure doesn't feel like it.

Timeskip

"So you were told you had to rest right?" Itadori just woke up a while ago, after some staff came and got all the transformed body's. He saw junpei one last time and since then he has been very quiet.
"Is this your lecture?" Nanami just shook his head and that confuses me since he said he would when the fight was over.
"No you saved my life during this fight so I'll let it slide this once" that's true for both of us, if he didn't break in nanami would die and I would have eventually been defeated myself since it's an automatic hit in a domain.