Chapter 17: EXCHANGE EVENT BEGIN

Y/n pov

Our team was standing quietly waiting for the announcement of the game to begin, I'm feeling somewhat nervous though. Itadori is going to be fighting todo if needed and the way he fought megumi worries me.
"Y/n? Things will be ok." Itadori put his hand on my head and slowly petted my head.
"I know but todo is really strong, what if he hurts you too much?"

"I'll be fine, also after the event I want to talk to you about something really really important."
His face got red and his head pats slowed down, he gave me that nice smile that can make my cursed heart beat out of my chest.
"A-alright" before I could speak more gojo finally started the announcement.

"We will begin the event in one minute but before we do, let's get a few words of encouragement from our lively miss Utahime!" I can just hear the amusement going on in gojo's head right now, poor Utahime.
"Wh- i um well I guess um I although in this event Umm some degree of injury will be unavoidable but um you s-should help each other out, Or something?"

"Alright well times up/ gojo you jerk I wasn't done!" I can't help but crack a smile at gojo's carefree nature and that was just mean.
"Now let the sister school exchange event begin!"

Right on the buzzer we start running towards the middle, we have to keep moving if we want to win.
"Where do you think the curse boss is?" Itadori keeps looking only forward because megumi' s dog is out but that makes me more nervous to leave him on his own.
"It was most likely released between both groups but it's not gonna stay put." Panda is right since it would only be fair.

"When the time is right we will split into panda and megumi squads, then the rest is up to you yuji/ right" after speaking Maki looked at me and nodded, I let her know that the other team is planning something since she is a reliable person. Megumi' s dog started barking and up ahead was a spider curse but I was alerted of a much stronger cursed energy getting closer and closer at a fast pace.

Maki went to exorcise it but I grabbed her on time, with me and megumi' s warning todo appeared. He destroyed the curse and turned to us with that excited look on his face
"Yeah~ you're all together, now come at me all at once" Itadori ran up to him first and grabbed his head, kneeing him harshly.
"Scatter!" with maki's command we all went in our side squads and left itadori to handle todo alone.

I'm with Megumi and Maki, this makes me so uncomfortable but I need to have faith in itadori's abilities.
"Why is todo alone?" Megumi is probably feeling what I am since the juvenile incident.
"I don't know but we were right to give yuji that job, and y/n remember not to give in and help him just yet." I could only nod, it is a part of the plan. We pause from running just to look around and think.

" It still feels weird, why are they all heading towards itadori?" Fushiguro is right, I should have pushed to stay with itadori.
"But wouldn't they be heading to the curse spirit?" Oh Maki...
"No I don't think so cause Fushiguro's demon dog would sense it unless it was really smart, right?"he just nodded but still had a grimace on his face.

" I think they are trying to kill itadori." Fushiguro's words make my hands sweat and my stomach hurt, I know full well that's what they are doing.
"It's possible, they must have had some kind of order then." Maki looked at me but quickly looked away.
"Megumi, y/n we are heading back for him now, let's go" I didn't hesitate and began running back but I slowed down for the other two, we gotta get there fast.

15 minutes earlier

"Todo is gonna try and crush us, and Mai might follow him to get to me. Todo is a monster and the worst case is that we all face him and get wiped out. We were going to have y/n,panda or megumi handle it but now that's your job." Itadori pointed at himself all confused, did he forget what megumi said about him earlier?