Falling for Y/N

EVENING

"Where is she?" Natasha asked no one in particular, getting impatient.

"Relax, she'll be home soon." Tony said, "She's probably doing some paperwork." He added.

Natasha just sighed, frowning. She's been waiting for Y/N to come home so they could talk, she wants to apologize for everything. She doesn't care anymore, she will apologize to Y/N and express her feelings. She doesn't care if it's not in her nature, she's willing to try and be more open, as long as it's Y/N.

But it's getting late and Y/N's still not home, no message from her either.

"Fuck this," Natasha mumbled and fished out her phone, calling Y/N. But she frowned when the line is out of reach. "It's out of reach."

"What? Why?" Steve asked, frowning.

"The hell I know, Rogers." Natasha snapped, getting really impatient. She then called Maria.

"Romanoff?" Maria answered.

"Hey, Hill. Is Y/N still working?" Natasha asked, pacing back and forth. She doesn't know why, but she's got bad feeling at the moment.

"She went on a last minute mission." Maria said, "Why? She's not back yet?" She asked.

"Why didn't we know this?" Natasha asked.

"It was Fury's order, she didn't have time to inform any of you." Maria said. "She's probably on her way back, don't worry too much." She added.

"Sure. Thank you, Hill." Natasha said and ended the call.

"What's wrong?" Steve asked.

"Maria said Y/N went on a last minute mission." Natasha said. "I have a bad feeling about this." She added.

"She'll be fin—"

"Agent L/N just arrived and she's in a bad condition." JARVIS said, informing everyone.

Suddenly, the elevator opened.

"Y/N!" Natasha shouted and immediately run towards the elevator. Y/N was passed out, and she's bleeding badly. Natasha quickly looked where the blood is coming from and saw a huge cut on Y/N's arm, it was at least six inches long and deep cut.

Natasha carried Y/N and the boys also went inside the elevator, pressing the button for the medbay.

Stay with me, Y/N. Stay with me. Natasha thought, clenching her jaw.

***

NEXT DAY

"She's still sleeping?" Natasha asked, upon arriving and sees only the boys at the living room.

Natasha didn't sleep, she was with Y/N the whole night and taking care of her. Bruce had taken care of Y/N's arm, which is a huge relief to Y/N. But she did lost a lot of blood so she still needs to rest.

Natasha went to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s facility and checked in with Fury in behalf of Y/N, she even volunteered to do the paperwork reports. And it was also her advantage because she got to know what happened to Y/N's mission and who hurt Y/N. And it made her blood boil when she found out that Y/N was ambushed, and she wanted to hunt every single one of them but Fury told her not to and to stand down since Y/N completed her mission even though she got hurt in the process.

But if Y/N did not make it last night, Natasha's more than positive that she will not hesitate to disobey Fury's order and she will hunt every single one of them down and she will make them pay.

Though upon staying up all night and worrying about Y/N, Natasha realized something. The younger Avenger managed to get her full interest and squeezed herself into her heart.

Natasha is... falling for Y/N.

And of course, that was fucking scary for her. This is something else and she's out of control, and that's what scarier. She have no control over what she feels, so, she tried to control the situation.

But every single day, and every time she ignores her feelings for Y/N? It only grew deeper. She's never felt something like that. And as much as it scares her, she doesn't want to push it away. Because even though it scares her, it also makes her feel good. Make her better.

When she saw Y/N beaten up and almost bleeding to death, she wanted to kill every single person that did it, she wanted to kill them with her bare hands. It made her blood boil like never before.

"Yeah, don't worry, I checked up on her. She should be up and moving like before in no time, but we still need to make sure she doesn't, she still needs rest." Bruce said, smiling.

Natasha nodded her head, "Okay, yeah. Thanks, Banner."

"You were really worried, huh?" Tony asked, teasing Natasha.

"Yes, I was." Natasha said, not denying it. "So what?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing, jeez." Tony said.

"I can think of hundred ways to kill you, Stark. Don't bother me." Natasha rasped, while walking away.