Special Chapter- Ryu Hyejin

a little girl, 12 years old, raped by her stepfather.

a girl, 14 years old, victim of multiple rapes by her stepfather.

this was the last time...
she promised herself that this was the last time she'd be weak.

a 15 year old girl kills her stepfather after being raped for 3 years.

that was how her childhood went....

she had immense strength but didn't know how to use it.... rather say that her heart was fragile...

she didn't have the courage to even lift up a fist but... everyone has a certain limit... she crossed hers and finally came to senses... this was not it, this was not how her life should've been... she was determined to change it...

she was starved, was lacking energy, was sexually harassed, raped, attempted suicide, abused.
the list could still go on.

and as if all this wasn't enough, she had lost the light in her eyes... the whole world appeared lone shades of grey...

the world was full of colour, but for her, all of them had drained leaving a lonesome grey canvas...

she could see colour, yes, but why did she not feel them? she knew all her life had been too dark... and she wanted to end it..

she did, by ending her stepfather....

she was on run, being chased by police... why couldn't they see who was at fault? why were they chasing her?

finally taking refuge in the back of a club, she sat there, huffing breaths... well that was until two pairs of feet approached her...

"aigooo!~ look what we got today!", came out the drunk chuckle of a man... she wasn't mentally prepared for anything so all she could do right now is look at their faces...

one of them stumbled forward and caught her wrist, making her rise to her feet, and then plastered their bodies together...

that made her feel something...

that made her snap.

holding the wrist tightly, she twisted it, making the man scream while his friends widened their eyes at her...

she kicked the man in the stomach, making him stumble backwards and hit his head on a metal bin.. and almost in slow motion as it seemed, blood seeped out from the back of his head...

she didn't know how she got that much energy from... adrenaline? maybe but she didn't plan to let go any of these bastards today...

the one man left looked like a human imitation of a bull... eyes bloodshot, ears red... even she was surprised that the smoke wasn't coming out of his nostrils...

he lunged at her.... from what he looked like, he was probably some underground gangster... but she didn't care...

before he could push her to the ground, she whipped out the gun from his pocket and pushed it onto his chest, a series of rapid movements.... and without hesitation, pushed the trigger and there was a loud bang...

but nobody seemed to care, everybody was busy dancing inside... nobody cared who had died and nobody gave a damn about who had killed...

turns out that guy was a mafia leader, the other one probably one of his gang members... she had killed both of them and didn't feel a thing...

what had she turned into?

A monster. her insides told her but she didn't budge...not an ounce of regret because she didn't blame herself... there was no way it was her fault...

after a few hours of just sitting there, she heard shuffling of feet around and gripped the gun, alerted...

but then there were a man and a woman there, offering her their hand...

she helped herself up... she had judged that they were probably gang members and had got to know her whereabouts by the cctv footage of the club...

and surprisingly, they had offered her to be the mafia leader of their gang... she accepted and there she was...

on her throne, a queen...

she had suffered so much but she was still standing, strong on her feet... she was a scarred lioness, twice as dangerous than a healthy one...

and after finding her soulmate, she thought that...

finally she could have peace and she was eager....

eager to see how things would go.. and would she get a happy ever after...

but even if she couldn't have a happy ending, she was happy that now, at least she had people who, cared for her and she had her soulmate, Mijin by her side..

Hyejin finally felt that she was strong... and would remain like that..no matter what may come her way in the future...