1. If He's Happy, She's Happy

Marinette wants Adrien to be happy.

So as she sees the pair together in the courtyard—smiling and laughing after a victorious fencing match—she decides right then and there it's finally time to move on. After just recently hearing of their new founded relationship, she lost all hope for her chance with the blonde model, and even though she didn't want to, she was going to (try) and get over Adrien. Easier said than done, she thinks to herself with a frown, watching the new happy couple.

"Are you okay, Marinette?" Tikki whispers, hidden safely in her holder's purse.

"O-Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" She answers back, forcing herself to look away. "Adrien's happy with Kagami. I'm going to respect that, instead of doing some ridiculous plan to separate them."

The kwami smiles. "Wow, Marinette! That's very mature of you. You've grown up a lot in the last year."

She sighs. "If he's happy, I'm happy, Tikki. Besides, I'm the guardian now, and I won't have time for relationships, anyway. It's going to break Cat Noir's heart when I tell him that."

Tikki nervously smiles. "I'm sure he'll take it well..."

"What did I come here for again?" The girl asks herself, rubbing her forehead, and her eyes widen fast. "Right! I left my sketchbook in my locker." Entering through the front doors, she detours to the locker room, head low to avoid eye contact with her friends, and she makes it through without being detected.

At least that's what she thought, for Adrien always saw her bouncing pigtails whenever Marinette entered the room. "What's Marinette doing here at school?" He wonders to himself out loud. He turns to his fencing partner. "I'm going to check on something in the locker room, Kagami. I'll meet you outside."

"Don't miss me too much." Kagami steps forward and kisses his cheek gently. "I'll be waiting at the car."

"Sounds good, Kagami."

Plagg peaks his head out of his holder's jacket. "What are you up to, kid?"

"I wonder why Marinette's here at school," Adrien says instead, ignoring his kwami's comment, and walks towards the locker room. He opens the door and steps inside, spotting his best friend at her locker. "Hey, Marinette!"

The pig-tailed girl screams with a jump at his voice. "Ahh!" She quickly catches her balance and leans her arm against the locker. "H-Hey, Adrien." Stop with the stuttering, Marinette! You're not supposed to like him anymore! Talk normal! "I-I didn't see you here. What's... up?"

"Kagami and I just won a fencing match," Adrien explains as he walks over to her. He bends down and picks up her sketchbook—which she hadn't realized she dropped—and he hands it back to her. "Another tournament was today and we won."

"Wow, that's awesome!" Marinette cheers, taking her sketchbook back. She waves it and whispers, "Thanks, too."

"You forgot it again?" He teases with a grin.

She nods with a sigh. "Yes, again. When I realized I left it at school, I ran back over before the doors locked. I'm designing a new dress for my mother. She wants something new and different for her wedding anniversary with my dad."

"That sounds amazing. Do you have any sketches so far?"

"A few," Marinette admits, opening her sketchbook, and her cheeks start burning a blush as Adrien steps closer—real close—and peeks over her shoulder. Her hand shakes as she turns a page. "I-It's this one. I'm using my mom's Chinese heritage as inspiration. It's a surprise."

Adrien reaches over her shoulder and turns the page. "These sketches are beautiful, Marinette. You're really talented. Your mom's going to love these."